Re: [jacksongenealogy] (unknown)

  • frances sadler
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2003
      Jack, I'm sure Jewel will get in touch with you as soon as she sees your
      post. How are you related to the Fannings? .Rachel Fanning Green, daughter
      of William Fanning and Jane Terry Fanning was my ggrandmother. Rachel was
      m. to William Grantlin Green. I noticed that your middle name was Parks.
      Rachel and Grantlin had a daughter named Martha Frances that married Thomas
      Lodge Dennis Parks. Frances Sadler,g-granddaughter of Rachel Fanning Green
      and William Grantlin Green.
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
        Hello Frances...thanks for the email! Jewel did get in touch with me and has sent me a brochure.

        My ggrandfather was Parks Alonzo Fanning, my grandfather was Leslie Parks Fanning. My father is Jackie Parks Fanning Sr.

        I guess that makes William and Jane Terry Fanning my gggg grandparents :-)

        Jack

        frances sadler <frances1@...> wrote:
        Jack, I'm sure Jewel will get in touch with you as soon as she sees your
        post. How are you related to the Fannings? .Rachel Fanning Green, daughter
        of William Fanning and Jane Terry Fanning was my ggrandmother. Rachel was
        m. to William Grantlin Green. I noticed that your middle name was Parks.
        Rachel and Grantlin had a daughter named Martha Frances that married Thomas
        Lodge Dennis Parks. Frances Sadler,g-granddaughter of Rachel Fanning Green
        and William Grantlin Green.
        > I'm trying to find info on the Fanning family of Jackson and Madison
        County. I think I saw somewhere where Ms. Jewel Casey (I believe is her
        name) wrote a book "And Then along Came the Fanning's" I'd love to find this
        book. If anyone can help, I'd be very appreciative.

        > Thanks
        > Jackie Parks Fanning Jr.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsordocument.write('');

      • Jack Fanning
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
          Frances, I'm sad to say I don't have much idea about my ancestors, but I'm hoping to learn more. So I'm sorry that I can't help you with any info.

          Jack

          frances sadler <frances1@...> wrote:
          Jack, Thanks for your reply. Did your side of the Fannings go to Texas?
          I'm still trying to locate where my William Grantlin Green went after 1880.
          Nice to hear from you. Frances----- Original Message -----

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsordocument.write('');

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • frances sadler
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
            Jack, Thanks for your reply. Did your side of the Fannings go to Texas?
            I'm still trying to locate where my William Grantlin Green went after 1880.
            Nice to hear from you. Frances----- Original Message -----
            > Hello Frances...thanks for the email! Jewel did get in touch with me and
            has sent me a brochure.

            > My ggrandfather was Parks Alonzo Fanning, my grandfather was Leslie Parks
            Fanning. My father is Jackie Parks Fanning Sr.

            > I guess that makes William and Jane Terry Fanning my gggg grandparents :-)
            >
            > Jack
            >
            > frances sadler <frances1@...> wrote:
            > Jack, I'm sure Jewel will get in touch with you as soon as she sees your
            > post. How are you related to the Fannings? .Rachel Fanning Green, daughter
            > of William Fanning and Jane Terry Fanning was my ggrandmother. Rachel was
            > m. to William Grantlin Green. I noticed that your middle name was Parks.
            > Rachel and Grantlin had a daughter named Martha Frances that married
            Thomas
            > Lodge Dennis Parks. Frances Sadler,g-granddaughter of Rachel Fanning Green
            > and William Grantlin Green.

          • Jewel Casey
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
              Yes, I still have a few copies of both volumes of "And Then Along Came The
              Fannings" Will be glad to answer any questions if you will email me
              privately. These books cover a lot of the related families located in
              Jackson and Madison County Alabama as well as Franklin, Lincoln and Moore
              County Tennessee as early as 1820, with a little info on Virginia and North
              Caroline before reaching this area.

              Thanks a million
              Jewel

              Jack, Thanks for your reply. Did your side of the Fannings go to Texas?
              I'm still trying to locate where my William Grantlin Green went after 1880.
              Nice to hear from you. Frances----- Original Message -----
              > Hello Frances...thanks for the email! Jewel did get in touch with me and
              has sent me a brochure.

              > My ggrandfather was Parks Alonzo Fanning, my grandfather was Leslie Parks
              Fanning. My father is Jackie Parks Fanning Sr.

              > I guess that makes William and Jane Terry Fanning my gggg grandparents :-)
              >
              > Jack
              >
              > frances sadler <frances1@...> wrote:
              > Jack, I'm sure Jewel will get in touch with you as soon as she sees your
              > post. How are you related to the Fannings? .Rachel Fanning Green, daughter
              > of William Fanning and Jane Terry Fanning was my ggrandmother. Rachel was
              > m. to William Grantlin Green. I noticed that your middle name was Parks.
              > Rachel and Grantlin had a daughter named Martha Frances that married
              Thomas
              > Lodge Dennis Parks. Frances Sadler,g-granddaughter of Rachel Fanning Green
              > and William Grantlin Green.

            • Shirley Carter
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 4, 2003
                Jewel ,
                I am interested in the Samuel McDaniel Taylor born 1770 TN. and wife Mary
                Brinson born 1774 KY. They lived in Jackson CO., AL . actually Crow Creek Valley
                , Jackson CO., AL .I only know he expired there about 1850 , but when and where
                he is buried don't know . Same with Mary , I know there son Zebedee Taylor born
                1805 KY. lived in Crow Creek Valley, Franklin CO., TN. about 4 miles from his
                parents . Zebedee wife was Mary Jane Grooms born 1806 NC. I am also looking for
                her parents George Grooms born 1780 IT (TN) and Millie Grooms nee Cook born 1784
                SC . I know one of there son's named Isaac Grooms lived in Madison or Huntsville
                , Alabama and raised his family. Any information on these people would be
                greatly appreciated . Thank You Kindly .
                Shirley
                P.S. you can email me at cartersa@...

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 8, 2003
                  Jewel ,
                  I m looking for my 3rd great-grandfather and his parents his name was Samuel
                  McDaniel Taylor born 1770 IT (TN) his wife was Mary Brinson born 1774 KY. they
                  lived in Crow Creek Valley , Jackson CO., AL . Also my 3rd great-grandparents on
                  my 2nd great-grandmother mary Jane Grooms born 1806 NC . Her parents were George
                  Grooms born 1780 IT (TN) and wife Millie Grooms nee Cook born 1784 SC. They were
                  full-blooded Cherokee Indian , they had a son that lived in Madison CO., AL by
                  the name of Isaac Grooms , and then there were James Grooms marrid to a Rosanna
                  Morgan , William Grooms , David Grooms , Millie went to Madison from Bedford TN.
                  after George's death , she expired there in 1870 . Would appreciate any and all
                  information on both Taylor's and Grooms . George expired in or about 1850 , TN.
                  You can e-mail me at cartersa@... Thank You kindly
                  Shirley Carter nee Taylor