Re:Search for ADA BELL JONES & DORA D. JONES 1880's

  • rhall84922@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2003
      I am desperate for INFO on ADA BELL JONES & DORA D. JONES, sisters born in
      Princeton, AL. ADA was born in 1800 and DORA possibly 5 years later. ADA was
      my paternal Grandmother. In 1905 she married Robert Lee Savage in Poteau,
      OKLA. Both ADA and Dora were living together in Poteau,Ok. in 1910. The sisters
      were supposed to be 1/4 Osage Indian, but I have doubts about the Osage,
      because of so many cherokees living in the Alabama area at that time. Robert and
      ADA moved to Fort Smith, AR. sometine after 1910, to get the children a better
      education. In reading about Jackson Co. it seems that alot of people moved
      from there to Fort Smith in the late 180'0's. Can anyone explain this movement
      to me, and or have any information on ADA or DORA JONES
      Regards, Sue Savage Hall rhall84922@...

    • Angel09853@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 30, 2003
        In a message dated 9/30/2003 6:26:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
        rhall84922@... writes:
        Savage

        One of Clora Jane Miller Cochran's grandchildren married an unknown Savage -
        it may connect later on, ya never know ;-)

        Kathy

        Name: Living COCHRAN
        Sex: M

        Father: Merle Lee Roy COCHRAN b: 14 AUG 1915 in Hill City,Graham Co,KS
        Mother: Living MILLS

        Marriage 1 Living SAVAGE
        Children
        Living COCHRA

        Index | Descendancy | Register | Pedigree | Ahnentafel | Add Post-em

        ID: I86
        Name: Jacob Madison COCHRAN
        Sex: M
        Birth: 17 DEC 1881 in Meringo,Scott Co,IA
        Death: 26 JUL 1954 in Corvallis,Benton Co,OR

        Father: Jacob Benjamin COCHRAN b: 22 FEB 1822 in Oxford Tp,Guernsey Co,OH
        Mother: Clora Jane MILLER b: 12 OCT 1852 in Bloomington,McLean Co,IL

        Marriage 1 Nancy Ellen COOK b: 07 JUL 1890 in Benkleman,Dundy Co,NE
        Married: 20 MAR 1907 in Hill City,Graham Co,KS
        Children
        Arthur Lloyd COCHRAN b: 06 JAN 1908 in Hill City,Graham Co,KS
        Ethel Larhetta COCHRAN b: 24 NOV 1909 in Hill City,Graham Co,KS
        Claude Newton COCHRAN b: 24 JAN 1912 in Hill City,Graham Co,KS
        Merle Lee Roy COCHRAN b: 14 AUG 1915 in Hill City,Graham Co,KS
        Living COCHRAN
        Leo Wayne COCHRAN b: 12 OCT 1919 in Hill City,Graham Co,KS
        Elden Leforest COCHRAN b: 15 DEC 1921 in Hill City,Graham Co,KS

      • rhall84922@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 30, 2003
        • rhall84922@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 30, 2003
            Kathy, I'm sure if you had any more info you would have exchanged it. Were
            there Savage familys living in Jackson Co. in the 1800 ? Thanks, Sue

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
              Ever wondered what that obscure disease someone died from? i.e scrofula. What did a Wainwright, a Brazier or a Chandler do, ? Just what was a yeoman? What are all those abbreviations on the census? Why did whole families seemly died off between census? An epidemic, maybe? Go to this link and maybe find an answer.

              http://www.geisheimer.org/info/gene/misscrutg.htm

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1, 2003
                the right one, hopefully.

                http://www.geisheimer.org/info/gene/miscrutg.htm

              • Richard Matthews
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 21, 2003
                  Of interest:

                  NAME: Gibbs, James E.

                  RESIDENCE: Scottsborough

                  COUNTY: Jackson

                  INVENTION: churn-dasher

                  DATE: 9/23/1879

                  PATENT NUMBER: 219,934

                  ASSIGNEE: assignor of one-half interest to Charles S. Freeman and Robert H.
                  Bynum (Scottsborough, AL)