Re: Proctor family

  • Bill Shankle
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 1999
      Jan
      Both Michajah and Jermemiah are among my ancestors. My gggggrandfather
      John Shankle married one of Jeremiahs' daughters, Clarissa. Go
      to my shankle web page at
      http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~wshankle/ShankleGen/fam00107.htm

      This is the specific page where Micajah can be found. You can
      follow the links down for all his children.
      I've also been in touch with a Irma Proctor who believes she
      has Micajah line back to about 1600.

      Also, i think you mistyped Micajah's birth year in your mail.
      He had to have been born ca. 1720-1750 (or there about) if
      his son Jeremiah was born in 1777.

      I would love to share any info you have.

      Bill Shankle

      On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 20:35:02 -0000, boomerb@... wrote:

      > From: boomerb@...
      >
      > Looking for info on Micajah Proctor, born ca. 1820, married an Elizabeth.
      > Father of Jeremiah Proctor, 1777-1839, one of founders of Jackson County.
      > Will gladly exchange info. Thanks, Jan Black

      Visit the Shankle Geneology Home page at
      http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~wshankle
    • boomerb@mindspring.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 14, 2000
        I once saw a note on a news group about a book on the Proctor families in
        the southeastern United States. Unfortunately, I didn't follow up on it.
        Does anyone have this book or know where I can buy a copy? I'm a descendant
        of Jeremiah Proctor. Thanks, Jan Black - boomerb@...
      • Kelly Crosby
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 15, 2000
          --- In jacksongenealogy@egroups.com, boomerb@m... wrote:
          > I once saw a note on a news group about a book on the Proctor
          families in
          > the southeastern United States. Unfortunately, I didn't follow up
          on it.
          > Does anyone have this book or know where I can buy a copy? I'm a
          descendant
          > of Jeremiah Proctor. Thanks, Jan Black - boomerb@m...

          I don't know if this is what you are talking about...but Annie
          Coleman
          Proctor did a compilation on the Proctor family in Alabama. It
          included a large cross-section of most of the families in northern
          Alabama (probably because of the inter-marriages). It is a 15 volume
          set and is in both the Jackson Co. Alabama library and the Huntsville
          Library and I believe in the Tennessee State Archives. It is
          extensive and a worthy research tool but too large to buy. I do not
          know where you are located but you can ask your library about it. It
          is called "The Annie Coleman Proctor Collection".

          Kelly