"Jack" Davis & Charlie Proctor

  • morrisonmx@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 29, 2003
      Hello there is NE Alabama. I am charles morrison in Paducah KY and
      looking for any leads at all on the above. John William Davis "Jack"
      died in 1997 and is buried in the Scottsboro Cem. Charles Edward
      Proctor died in 1984 and likewise is in the same cemetery. I believe
      Jack Davis to be my father but his family refuses to talk to me.
      Located a daughter, Lu Ann in area maybe Muscle Sholes and his wife was
      Shelby Beasley. probably his second or third wife. He had a son to
      die somewhere in the middle 1970's with lukemia (Michael??) Maybe
      somebody out there know the familys. They were in Paducah on a
      construction project in 1970-71. Davis met a woman here and she
      followed him to Tuscaloosa where he dumped her. He was born 1940,
      where?? Father was Luther (Dead) and mother is Flossie and was alive
      last summer but very old 91-95??? and very forgetful. I need help.
      thanks and God bless you. charles morrison
    • morrisonmx@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
        Can or will someone do a obit lookup on John William Davis (May 1997)
        and Charles Edward Proctor (July?? 1984) Both are buried in Scottsboro.
        Need relatives of both. Very important in locating my father. Need to
        know if Mr. Davis was ever know as "Jack" thanks charles morrison in
        paducah, KY.
      • Regina
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
          Go to this web site and post and see if you get any help there.

          http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/48472

          http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/FvNolB/TM
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
            Sue

            I took a look at the 1910 OK Census with the ages given on that census 26 and 19, Ada was born between 1 Jun 1883 and 31 May 1884 and Dora was born between 1 Jun 1890 and 31 May 1891 if the ages given were correct. You need to find them on the 1900 census either in AL or OK. In order to that you would have to look at each Jones family in Jackson Co AL and LeFlore Co. OK, since there are no searchable indexes for each county you would have to go thru the entire census for each county.

            Another option is if your Grandmother Ada Savage was issued a Social Security Card her place of birth and the names of her parents will appear on the application for the card. When and where did she die? If after 1962 she may be on the SS Death Index.

            Clay Gullatt Mount Airy NC

          • morrisonmx@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 2003
              Thanks there Regina, U R very helpful. maybe in your spare time U might
              help me search. I am not very good at this but will continue searching.
              Your town?? Thanks again from Paducah, KY chas morrison