Tiptons in Jackson Co AL

  • Polly Rash
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29 5:36 AM
      I believe George Washington Tipton was a son of Benjamin Tipton and third wife Rebecca Cusick. Benjamin died in 1807, GWT was born 1807, Blount Co.TN, thus was not named in Benjamin's will, but in the 1830 Census, Jackson Co AL, a GWT lived near Benjamin's known sons, Samuel, Butler, and Vance, leading several of us to believe Benjamin is the father of GWT. Does anyone have further proof?