Re: [jacksongenealogy] Ancestors in Maynard's Cove Area

  • Golden Moments
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 27, 2003
      Where is Maynard's Cove?
      LFG
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: " Golden Moments" <pastorl@...>
      To: <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 9:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Ancestors in Maynard's Cove Area

      > Re one Hollands Chapel. The one I know about is in the Pikeville/Tupelo
      area
      > near Scottsboro. It is a United Methodist Church. My Precise relatives
      live
      > in that area and some attend the church.
      >
      > Laura Frazier Golden (Precise)

      Solomon
      > Glass?
      > >
      > > Arvinell

      Jackson
      > Co.)
      > > -->Anthony Wayne Foster b. 1807 m. Mary "Polly" Bynum
      > (1814-1894)-->. Susan C. Foster (1838) married Solomon Glass Bellomy---->
      > Mary B. Bellomy (1858) married William Ambrose Tinney, son of William A.
      and
      > Malinda Wininger Bellomy.
      > >
      > > My thanks. A. Mc.

      Texas
      > near the
      > > big city of Golden? My ancestors, Garland and Chapman came out
      of
      > Jackson
      > > Co. to Golden in the 1880's and Mary married a Bill Carman. I
      also
      > knew a
      > > few of the Bellomy family.
      > >
      > > Bill Bullard

      Burgess,
      > Young,
      > > Carman families,
      > > Maynard's Cove area,
      > > Civil War and post-war conditions in Jackson Co. 1880 trains

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > Service.

      > Service.

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Earl T. Reed
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 28, 2003
        Laura,
        Your best details are from Mapquest.
        Turn north on Tupelo Pike at Five Points in Scottsboro, or where 35
        comes in from Fort Payne. Turn left in Pikeville onto road 21. Turn right
        on (26, or 28, or 29) it is hard to read on my map, but the road goes
        through Tupelo. Keep going through Tupelo. The road will make about a 90
        degree right turn to Maynard(s) cove. This map does not have a scale on it,
        but a rough comparison gives about the same as the distance from Scottsboro
        to Limrock. The map book is called the Informational Map Book of Jackson
        County Alabama and is copyright date of 1986. Worst part is that all pages
        are different scales.
        Hope this helps. I have Bynum and Potter relatives buried in the
        cemetary there and plan to get that way one day.

        Earl Reed
        Dayton, TN

        > > Re one Hollands Chapel. The one I know about is in the Pikeville/Tupelo
        > area
        > > near Scottsboro. It is a United Methodist Church. My Precise relatives
        > live
        > > in that area and some attend the church.
        > >
        > > Laura Frazier Golden (Precise)

        Service.

        > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        > > >

        > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > ---
        > [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Integrity Online using Declude
        AntiVirus]

        ---
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 28, 2003
          Thanks, Earl:
          I'm still trying to find the connection between Charlie Frazier (my GGF)
          and Samuel Frazier from NC if there is one. I would like to include this in
          the book I mentioned.

          Laura
          > Turn north on Tupelo Pike at Five Points in Scottsboro, or where 35
          > comes in from Fort Payne. Turn left in Pikeville onto road 21. Turn
          right
          > on (26, or 28, or 29) it is hard to read on my map, but the road goes
          > through Tupelo. Keep going through Tupelo. The road will make about a 90
          > degree right turn to Maynard(s) cove. This map does not have a scale on
          it,
          > but a rough comparison gives about the same as the distance from
          Scottsboro
          > to Limrock. The map book is called the Informational Map Book of Jackson
          > County Alabama and is copyright date of 1986. Worst part is that all
          pages
          > are different scales.
          > Hope this helps. I have Bynum and Potter relatives buried in the
          > cemetary there and plan to get that way one day.
          >
          > Earl Reed
          > Dayton, TN

          Service.

          > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          > > > >

          > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          > > >

          > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > > ---
          > > [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Integrity Online using Declude
          > AntiVirus]
          > >

          > ---
          > [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Integrity Online using Declude
          AntiVirus]

        • Arvinell
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 27, 2004
            to Laura Frazier Golden Precise

            Thank you. Holland's Chapel near Scottsboro sounds good. Although I have heard that there is another in Alabama somewhere. Would you tell me more about this Holland's Chapel or connect me with someone there? I am excited to know that it is still active.

            I believe it was the inspiration for the community church that the Tinneys and Bellomys built in Wood Co., Texas. now called Tinney Chapel.

            Thank you so much.

            > Should I respond to an individual if the answer may not be of interest to
            the whole group?

            > I have that 1917 Tinney picture and many interviews with persons portrayed
            there.
            > I have talked with Robert Casey. The Casey research on this family came
            from the same place that mine did --Kenneth Bellomy, who found the county
            record about Louisa Hall. Strangely we have never found any later records
            of Solomon Glass Bellomy and Louisa Hall. Mary B. was raised by her
            grandparents and received her father's inheritance. I can't argue with a
            county record of such an unusual name marrying a person in the extended
            community from which he came. But there must be more to the story.

            > arvinell

            Service.

            Service.

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor