From the desk of Dr. Laura Frazier Golden

  • Golden Moments
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 25, 2003
      To all subscribers to this site.

      I have found everything and more re: what I set out to find when joining
      this group. I hope each of you is so fortunate.
      It was a trail worth traveling.
      But it was surprising.

      Laura

      Currently, I have over 200 pages of random notes, that I plan to organize
      into a book. It will be dedicated to my father, Virgil Robert Frazier, Sr.
      and his mother, Mary Alice Precise Frazier, who both were denied many
      opportunities to "live."
      Both by circumstances, both by death.

      "Aroma" sounds like an appropriated title at this moment.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6 6:53 AM
        Dear Laura,

        If I have followed your lineage correctly, we have the common
        ancestors James M. Flanagin (c. 1820 - c. 1890) and his wife, Abigail
        (1818-1905).

        James W. Frazier (19 Aug 1887-Aug 1975), husband of Mary Alice
        Precise (1893-?), is the son of Charles L. Frazier (2 Feb 1856-1933)
        and Amanda J. Carmon (1869-?).

        Amanda J. Carmon is the daughter of Samuel C. Carmon (23 Oct 1834 - 5
        Aug 1898) and Mary L. Flanagin (Aug 1842 - ?).

        Mary L. Flanagin is the daughter of James M. Flanagin (c. 1820 - c.
        1890) and his wife, Abigail (1818-1905).

        James M. Flanagin and his wife, Abigail, had three children: Mary
        L., Andrew P., and Sarah Elizabeth. I am descended through Andrew P.
        Flanagin.

        In all the censuses, James says that he was born in Alabama and his
        parents were born in South Carolina. However, Mary L. was born in
        Georgia, and his children say that he was born in Georgia. Abigail
        was born in South Carolina. I am trying to determine who were
        James's parents.

        I would love to share research with you and learn more about Mary
        L.'s descendants.

        Thanks!
        Lewis

        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, " Golden Moments"
        <pastorl@...> wrote:

        > To all subscribers to this site.
        >
        > I have found everything and more re: what I set out to find when
        joining
        > this group. I hope each of you is so fortunate.
        > It was a trail worth traveling.
        > But it was surprising.
        >
        > Laura
        >
        > Currently, I have over 200 pages of random notes, that I plan to
        organize
        > into a book. It will be dedicated to my father, Virgil Robert
        Frazier, Sr.
        > and his mother, Mary Alice Precise Frazier, who both were denied
        many
        > opportunities to "live."
        > Both by circumstances, both by death.
        >
        > "Aroma" sounds like an appropriated title at this moment.

      • Mark Klan
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6 6:01 PM
          I hadn't seen the PRECISE thread until today, but I have some info that may
          be of interest to Earl and Laura. I've tried to disentangle and "snip" the
          pieces of the thread that are relevant below.

          Earl Reed wrote:
          > Sounds like the same Howard Precise. He was at Snead
          > College in Boaz my second year there - 1962-63. I knew
          > he had been out of high school several years. Howard
          > has a sister married to a former Snead student
          > from Iran.

          Howard Precise is the son of Elbert Samuel "Babe" Precise and Lillie Mae
          Davis. According to my records, Babe and Lillie had 5 children, in birth
          order: Pauleen, Rosa Pearl, "Bud", Howard, and Louise. Babe's parents were
          Joseph Caperton Precise and Nancy Armanda "Sugar" Frazier. Joseph Caperton
          and "Sugar" were my g-grandparents. Their son Elmer (born just before
          Babe) was my grandfather on my mother's side.

          ***********
          Laura wrote:
          > ... my grandmother Mary Alice Precise, born to
          > William Thomas Precise (b, Mar 26, 67) and Sarah Carrie Lovelace (Jan,
          > 1870), I haven't found any censuse records on them yet...

          - 1920 Jackson County Census has William T Precise (indexed Pricise) (~b
          1867), with wife Bell (b ~1879), and son Thomas W. (age 4 4/12).

          - 1930 JC Census also has William T. Precise (~b 1866) with wife Belle
          Precise, and son Thomas W. Precise (~b 1915). Belle appears to be
          William's first wife, before Sarah Carrie Lovelace. As near as I can tell,
          Belle's maiden name was Isabell Hall.
          *****************

          Earl wrote:
          > I am interested in your Precise family ancestry. One of my
          > Great-Grandfather Joseph B. Reed's daughter was Frona
          > Cornelia Reed Precise.
          > Aunt Frona was born in 1879. Howard Precise from
          > Scottsboro was at Snead College majoring in music the same time I was there.

          My mother, Nancy Precise, along with some of her brothers and sisters,
          stayed with their "Aunt Fronie" for a while in 1945 after their mother died
          (Georgia Ann Womack [Precise]). Mom speaks very highly of her Aunt Fronie.

          Hope this is helpful.

          Mark
          http://www.markabout.com/tools/ (Acoustic Music Webtools)
          msk@...