Re: [jacksongenealogy] Looking for Colbert family information

    Message 1 of 33 , Sep 15, 2003
      Make that the 1870 and 1880 Census Holly/Hally Colbert is listed in Jackson Co.

    • SHEILA MCCLOUD
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 17, 2003
        Hey Clay, would you mind to e-mail me that jpeg of the Dutton census? My ISP must have blocked it. Thanks.

        clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:Helen

        Attached is a .jpeg of the 1900 Dutton Jackson Co. Census blown up, maybe this will convince her.
        The only Jesse Williams I have found on the 1870 Census follows, and I checked all Williams between the ages of 01 and 10 years old in AL.

        1870 Census Eufaula PO Barbour Co. AL
        Jesse Williams Male White 08 b. AL

        He is living in a poorhouse with the ages in there run from 03 to 100 years old. Looks to me as if the step-relations got rid of him. They had no orphanages back then. If this is not him apparently he was not indexed. I would not take any bets that it is not him, considering the other info you have sent on him. I have yet to find him indexed on the 1880 and he may well not be indexed on it considering he was not on the 1900 index. Lucky he only lived down the road from Great-grandpa Gullatt's farm. Will send the Hope data later.