Re: [jacksongenealogy] Commadore Rogers

  • Earl T. Reed
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2003
      The Welchia worm took out a lot of my Windows 2000 O/S, and I have been
      rebuilding since. I lost much coveted material from the members of this
      group. Particularly, I would like to have Gerri Beavers re-send the
      material she has on John Shelton/Catherine Messer. I could use the material
      on the Austins provided by "Golden Moments". Thank you all.
      The site is quite informative, and, even though limited applicability to
      my own families, I enjoy the historical notes provided by Clay, Richard, and
      Hugh. My wife and I were through Jackson County yesterday (13 September).
      I love it after almost 40 years since I lived there. Keep up the site; it's
      valuable.
      Earl Reed
      Dayton, TN

      ---
      [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Integrity Online using Declude AntiVirus]
    • Smiley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2005
        ...Hi Patricia...I just came across your ancestors name, Commodore
        ROGERS in the "Files" section on this site. It was in
        the "Guntersville Reservoir" file, about the cemeteries relocations
        and such. He is buried next to his wife in the ROGERS Cemetery
        listings. I know this is a very late reply but I am a new member to
        this group. Good luck & happy hunting...

        Smiley :-)

        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, cherokeeindian77@a... wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        > I have a question and a problem I'm trying to locate a Rogers that
        I think
        > just might be my connection to Joseph P. Rodgers Born about 1846 or
        so, who
        > lived in Bellefonte Al. back in 1870.
        > While at the D.A.R. in Washington DC I came across this family who
        has a son
        > by the name of Joseph Rogers age 16 back in 1860 living in Marshall
        Co. Al.
        > Now I have looked every place for a Rodgers/Rogers who would fit
        the age I
        > need and he is the only one I can find that would work, The Father
        of this man
        > his name is Commadore Rogers from Ga., his wife is Catherine from
        Ga..
        > My question is: does anyone have any info. on this family that just
        might
        > help me out with this new info. I have found?
        > Would be most grateful.
        > In God's Service
        > ah-nee-jah-lah-gee Guh-geh-yoo
        > Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee
        > Patricia Mills
        > <A HREF="cherokeeindain@a...">cherokeeindian77@a...</A>
        >
        > Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Smith, Short, Lemons, Edge,
        Price,