Commadore Rogers

  • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2003
      Hi everyone,
      I have a question and a problem I'm trying to locate a Rogers that I think
      just might be my connection to Joseph P. Rodgers Born about 1846 or so, who
      lived in Bellefonte Al. back in 1870.
      While at the D.A.R. in Washington DC I came across this family who has a son
      by the name of Joseph Rogers age 16 back in 1860 living in Marshall Co. Al.
      Now I have looked every place for a Rodgers/Rogers who would fit the age I
      need and he is the only one I can find that would work, The Father of this man
      his name is Commadore Rogers from Ga., his wife is Catherine from Ga..
      My question is: does anyone have any info. on this family that just might
      help me out with this new info. I have found?
      Would be most grateful.
      In God's Service
      ah-nee-jah-lah-gee Guh-geh-yoo
      Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee
      Patricia Mills
      <A HREF="cherokeeindain@...">cherokeeindian77@...</A>

      Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Smith, Short, Lemons, Edge, Price,
      Burgess, Morrow, Mahan
      Location: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, N.C., S.C., Kentucky

      My Brick Wall: Joseph P. Rodgers 1846, who were his parents and where did he
      come from? His Wife: Emily Elizabeth Smith/Rodgers/Lemons 1843, who were her
      parents she lived with her grandparents George and Mary Ann Smith.

    • Earl T. Reed
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 14, 2003
        The Welchia worm took out a lot of my Windows 2000 O/S, and I have been
        rebuilding since. I lost much coveted material from the members of this
        group. Particularly, I would like to have Gerri Beavers re-send the
        material she has on John Shelton/Catherine Messer. I could use the material
        on the Austins provided by "Golden Moments". Thank you all.
        The site is quite informative, and, even though limited applicability to
        my own families, I enjoy the historical notes provided by Clay, Richard, and
        Hugh. My wife and I were through Jackson County yesterday (13 September).
        I love it after almost 40 years since I lived there. Keep up the site; it's
        valuable.
        Earl Reed
        Dayton, TN

        ---
        [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Integrity Online using Declude AntiVirus]
      • Smiley
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2005
          ...Hi Patricia...I just came across your ancestors name, Commodore
          ROGERS in the "Files" section on this site. It was in
          the "Guntersville Reservoir" file, about the cemeteries relocations
          and such. He is buried next to his wife in the ROGERS Cemetery
          listings. I know this is a very late reply but I am a new member to
          this group. Good luck & happy hunting...

          Smiley :-)