Stewart/Holder

  • bdun1us
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2003
      My James Stewart was b NC 1790. He appeared on the 1840 Dade Co GA
      census with Lucy b GA 1806 and daughters Nancy b AL 1821 & Elizabeth
      b AL 1823. In 1850, after Nancy & Elizabeth married appears Nancy
      Holder b AL 1836. That is her only Dade record and there wasn't a
      Holder family in Dade. Dade & Jackson adjoin.

      I just found on the 1830 Jackson AL Census, Unknown Twp:

      In Census Order:
      Francis Mathis
      William W. Mathis
      Joshua Holder
      Tho. Holder
      Joseph Dent
      Moses Holder
      Ann Hall
      JAMES STEWART
      John Holder
      Robert Maris
      Samuel McCrary
      Nancy Reynolds

      The James Stewart in this record fits exactly with the gender/ages
      for my James Stewart, wife Lucy and daughters Nancy & Elizabeth.

      Does anyone recognize any of the Holders; or any of the other names
      to know where in the county this was located. This was from Ancestry
      Plus Internet Census Images page 79 of 150 pages (I think that may be
      Ancestry numbers rather than census numbers)

      Or if anyone knows of any Stewart/Holder connection (or any of the
      name variants of Stewart or Holder) in Jackson Please let me know
      either on Jackson Genealogy or at Dunnsbnj@aol.

      Or if anyone knows a Holder researcher or Stewart researcher in
      Jackson Co. please let me know.

      Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Bill Dunn
    • lydia flack
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 2003
        I have a holder kin that lived in Jackson don't know about Stewart yet I have 2 Dunn in family both have died Annie & van also from Jackson county area ,will check thru some of my branches see if can find any from Lydia
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11, 2003
          Bill

          Try one of these.
          Jackson County Marriages

          Nancy J. Holder married John Corbett 25 Nov 1853 by Jus. of P. J. B. Talley
          Nancy Holder married James Bain 06 Dec 1855 Jus.of P. Thomas Campbell

          They did not always put Mrs. on the certificate.