Re: [jacksongenealogy] Ada Sanders Davis

  • Doris Wheeler
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4 11:52 AM
      Jimmie,
      I don't think this is the same Sanders family even though there is the Oklahoma connection. William Sanders came from Tennessee. He was a brakeman on the railroad, and came to Scottsboro where he met Martha Evans. I have an old letter that says William left home in Tennessee at an early age, and I think I've found him on the 1880 Census working as a farm hand - twelve years old! I'm afraid William was a loner in Scottsboro, but I'm going to print out and keep your information in my files. Who knows? Maybe someday I'll find a link. Thanks.
      Doris