Re: [jacksongenealogy] Ada Sanders Davis

  • altafae@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2003
      Doris:

      Here are my Jackson Co. Sanders - I have more on this family, I have many
      children of the 1800 - 1820 parts of the family that I have no information on.
      Do any of these people sound familiar?

      Jimmie Ryan
      GGGrandson of Elijah Brazier, Jr.

      Family of Joseph Monroe Greenberry Sanders
      First Generation

      1. Joseph Monroe Greenberry Sanders was born on 20 Mar 1868 in
      Scottsborro, Jackson County, Alabama. He died on 19 Nov 1943 in Shawnee, Pottowatomie
      Co., Oklahoma. He was buried on 19 Nov 1943 in Tecumseh Mission Cemetery.

      Joseph married Icy Phenie "Thena" Worthen daughter of Andrew Jackson Worthen
      and Arminta "Aminda" Jane Brazier. Icy was born on 16 Nov 1871 in Tupelo,
      Jackson Co., Alabama. She died on 20 Oct 1965 in Shawnee, Pottowatomie Co.,
      Oklahoma. She was buried in 1965 in Tecumseh Mission Cemetery, Pottowatomie Co.,
      Oklahoma. Icy was counted in a census in 1880 in Jackson Co., Alabama. They had
      the following children:

      2 M i. Wiley A. Sanders was born in Mar 1889 in Jackson Co.,
      Alabama.

      3 F ii. Jane Sanders was born about 1890 in Jackson Co., Alabama.

      4 M iii. Henry J. Sanders was born in Jan 1891 in Alabama.

      5 M iv. Joseph "Joe" Sanders was born about 1893. Joseph married
      Unknown.

      6 F v. Eliza J. Sanders was born in Oct 1894 in Alabama.

      7 M vi. John Washington Sanders was born on 24 Sep 1896 in Tupelo,
      Jackson Co., Alabama. He died on 2 May 1962 in Norman, Cleveland Co., Oklahoma.
      John married Unknown.

      8 F vii. Sarah E. Sanders was born in Aug 1893 in Alabama.

      9 F viii. Myrtle F. Sanders was born in Feb 1900 in Alabama.

      10 M ix. Monroe Sanders was born about 1902 in Alabama.

      11 F x. Phenie Emma Sanders was born on 8 Jun 1903 in Alabama or
      Eufaula, Oklahoma. She died on 6 May 1986 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

      12 F xi. Laura Sanders was born about 1905 in Eufaula, McIntosh Co.,
      Oklahoma.

      13 M xii. Wallace Sanders was born about 1970 in Eufaula, McIntosh
      Co., Oklahoma. He died in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

      14 F xiii. Alta Sanders was born about 1909 in Eufaula, McIntosh
      Co., Oklahoma.

      15 F xiv. Anna Sanders was born on 2 Oct 1910 in Eufaula, McIntosh
      Co., Oklahoma. She died on 30 Dec 1989 in Shawnee, Pottowatomie Co., Oklahoma.

      16 F xv. Alice Sanders.

    • Doris Wheeler
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2003
        Jimmie,
        I don't think this is the same Sanders family even though there is the Oklahoma connection. William Sanders came from Tennessee. He was a brakeman on the railroad, and came to Scottsboro where he met Martha Evans. I have an old letter that says William left home in Tennessee at an early age, and I think I've found him on the 1880 Census working as a farm hand - twelve years old! I'm afraid William was a loner in Scottsboro, but I'm going to print out and keep your information in my files. Who knows? Maybe someday I'll find a link. Thanks.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor