Ada Sanders Davis

  • Doris Wheeler
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2003
      Hi, everyone,

      I am looking for information about Ada Sanders Davis, wife of Jess Davis, who was born in Indian Territory (Oklahoma) in 1905 and died in July of 1969. She is the daughter of Martha Evans and William Sanders. William and Martha were married in Jackson County and moved to Indian Territory. William died in 1916, and Martha returned to Jackson County with her youngest child Ada. Martha then married J.A. Brownfield. Four generations of the family, including Martha Evans and J. A. Brownfield) are buried in Liberty Cemetery, but I don't think Ada is there. I'd really like to be able to contact descendants of Ada Davis. Is anyone familiar with this family? (I know I've asked this question before, but I thought there might be some new members of the group. Sorry to be redundant.)
      Thanks for your help.
      Doris Wheeler

    • altafae@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2003
        Doris:

        Here are my Jackson Co. Sanders - I have more on this family, I have many
        children of the 1800 - 1820 parts of the family that I have no information on.
        Do any of these people sound familiar?

        Jimmie Ryan
        GGGrandson of Elijah Brazier, Jr.

        Family of Joseph Monroe Greenberry Sanders
        First Generation

        1. Joseph Monroe Greenberry Sanders was born on 20 Mar 1868 in
        Scottsborro, Jackson County, Alabama. He died on 19 Nov 1943 in Shawnee, Pottowatomie
        Co., Oklahoma. He was buried on 19 Nov 1943 in Tecumseh Mission Cemetery.

        Joseph married Icy Phenie "Thena" Worthen daughter of Andrew Jackson Worthen
        and Arminta "Aminda" Jane Brazier. Icy was born on 16 Nov 1871 in Tupelo,
        Jackson Co., Alabama. She died on 20 Oct 1965 in Shawnee, Pottowatomie Co.,
        Oklahoma. She was buried in 1965 in Tecumseh Mission Cemetery, Pottowatomie Co.,
        Oklahoma. Icy was counted in a census in 1880 in Jackson Co., Alabama. They had
        the following children:

        2 M i. Wiley A. Sanders was born in Mar 1889 in Jackson Co.,
        Alabama.

        3 F ii. Jane Sanders was born about 1890 in Jackson Co., Alabama.

        4 M iii. Henry J. Sanders was born in Jan 1891 in Alabama.

        5 M iv. Joseph "Joe" Sanders was born about 1893. Joseph married
        Unknown.

        6 F v. Eliza J. Sanders was born in Oct 1894 in Alabama.

        7 M vi. John Washington Sanders was born on 24 Sep 1896 in Tupelo,
        Jackson Co., Alabama. He died on 2 May 1962 in Norman, Cleveland Co., Oklahoma.
        John married Unknown.

        8 F vii. Sarah E. Sanders was born in Aug 1893 in Alabama.

        9 F viii. Myrtle F. Sanders was born in Feb 1900 in Alabama.

        10 M ix. Monroe Sanders was born about 1902 in Alabama.

        11 F x. Phenie Emma Sanders was born on 8 Jun 1903 in Alabama or
        Eufaula, Oklahoma. She died on 6 May 1986 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

        12 F xi. Laura Sanders was born about 1905 in Eufaula, McIntosh Co.,
        Oklahoma.

        13 M xii. Wallace Sanders was born about 1970 in Eufaula, McIntosh
        Co., Oklahoma. He died in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

        14 F xiii. Alta Sanders was born about 1909 in Eufaula, McIntosh
        Co., Oklahoma.

        15 F xiv. Anna Sanders was born on 2 Oct 1910 in Eufaula, McIntosh
        Co., Oklahoma. She died on 30 Dec 1989 in Shawnee, Pottowatomie Co., Oklahoma.

        16 F xv. Alice Sanders.

      • Doris Wheeler
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2003
          Jimmie,
          I don't think this is the same Sanders family even though there is the Oklahoma connection. William Sanders came from Tennessee. He was a brakeman on the railroad, and came to Scottsboro where he met Martha Evans. I have an old letter that says William left home in Tennessee at an early age, and I think I've found him on the 1880 Census working as a farm hand - twelve years old! I'm afraid William was a loner in Scottsboro, but I'm going to print out and keep your information in my files. Who knows? Maybe someday I'll find a link. Thanks.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor