Re: [jacksongenealogy] Rodgers/Rogers/Roggers

  • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 1, 2003
      I'm so sorry Clay, I'll be praying for you and the family.

      In God's Service
      ah-nee-jah-lah-gee Guh-geh-yoo
      Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee
      Patricia Mills
      <A HREF="cherokeeindain@...">cherokeeindian77@...</A>

      Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Smith, Short, Lemons, Edge, Price,
      Burgess, Morrow, Mahan
      Location: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, N.C., S.C., Kentucky

      My Brick Wall: Joseph P. Rodgers 1846, who were his parents and where did he
      come from? His Wife: Emily Elizabeth Smith/Rodgers/Lemons 1843, who were her
      parents she lived with her grandparents George and Mary Ann Smith.

    • Joy Smith
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 2, 2003
        Look in Franklin Co TN, it's just across the line from Ala. There are a few Rogers in the area now with light hair/light blue eyes (sort of an Irish look about them). Happy hunting. Joy
        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 24, 2003
[...]

        • RAYMOND SHIRLEY SR.
          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 24, 2003
            The William and Martha (Wilkinson) Rogers family is my line and I have a
            good amount of information about them.
            I show a George Rogers married to Eliza McCrary. I don't have a date for
            the marriage or the names of any children.
            I have a John B. Rogers who was called "Jack." He was a Primitive Baptist
            preacher.
            I have Martha Jane Rogers.
            I have Nancy Eliza Rogers.
            I don't have Eliza Jane. However, it would not surprise me to learn that
            George and Eliza (McCrary) Rogers named a daughter Eliza Jane.

          • LorraineCooper
            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 24, 2003
              How did you get to the 1970 census?Lorraine Cooper-rubyrain@...
[...]

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Sam McDowell
              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 24, 2003
                Patricia,
                Do you have a Murphy Wright Rogers or James Murphy
                Rogers in your data bank? They lived around the
                Bridgeport area of Jackson Co. I am looking for
                information on these 2 gentlemen.
                Sam

                http://shopping.yahoo.com
              • Gullick99@aol.com
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 18, 2003
                  Hi,
                  I have been searching for the parents of my husband's grandfather, William
                  Arthur Bowen, b. 5/12/1872(I have also seen 1882). On Arthur's death
                  certificate it list his mother as Martha Rogers. Do you know who Martha Jane Rogers
                  married? Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.
                  Jean Bowen
                  Gullick99@...

                • zrcb@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003
                    Jean
                    Saw your query and I am sorry but I can't help you. You and your family
                    have a nice Thanksgiving.
                    Chuck
                  • RAYMOND SHIRLEY SR.
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003
                      Martha Jane Rogers, daughter of John B. and Kiziah (Gonce) Rogers, married
                      Thomas Guthrie on 14th April. 1860. They are buried in Hackworth Cemetery,
                      Jackson County, AL.

                    • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003
                        DO YOU KNOW IF THIS FAMILY IS RELATED TO MY FAMILY, JOSEPH P. RODGERS WHO HAD
                        TWO SONS CHARLES AND JOHN RODGERS> 1870 census he is listed living in
                        Bellefonte Al.
                        In a message dated 11/19/03 8:58:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                        rshirley@... writes:
                        Martha Jane Rogers, daughter of John B. and Kiziah (Gonce) Rogers, married
                        Thomas Guthrie on 14th April. 1860. They are buried in Hackworth Cemetery,
                        Jackson County, AL.

                        O si yo,

                        May the sun always shine for you, and the warm winds blow gently on your back.
                        Do na da go hv = Until we meet again
                        U gi da li - Silver Feathers

                        ah-nee-jah-lah-gee = Cherokee People = Guh-geh-yoo, I love you
                        Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee = Your kin

                        In God's Service
                        Patricia Mills
                        cherokeeindian77@...

                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003

                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003
                            I don't know if they were related. John B. Rogers was the son of William

                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003
                              Hi Chuck,
                              Thanks. I know. I have looked for the Rogers but have been unable to find
                              them in Jackson County. I just hoped someone might know. You and your family
                              have a nice Thanksgiving.
                              Jean

                            • Regina
                              Message 14 of 25 , Nov 20, 2003
                                I've seen this same John listed as John G. ROGERS. I saw where he was a
                                Primitive Baptist Preacher, and was known as "Preacher Jack ROGERS". Looks
                                like this John G ROGERS was living in Franklin Co., Tn.

                                Martha Jane Rogers, daughter of John B. and Kiziah (Gonce) Rogers, married
                                Thomas Guthrie on 14th April. 1860. They are buried in Hackworth Cemetery,
                                Jackson County, AL.

                                http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                                http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/FvNolB/TM
                              • RAYMOND SHIRLEY SR.