Re: [jacksongenealogy] Rodgers/Rogers/Roggers

    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 31, 2003
      Hi Patricia

      Still don't remember where I saw the article on Rodgers. Have not had time to look as my youngest brother is very ill,

    • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 1, 2003
        I'm so sorry Clay, I'll be praying for you and the family.

        In God's Service
        ah-nee-jah-lah-gee Guh-geh-yoo
        Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee
        Patricia Mills
        <A HREF="cherokeeindain@...">cherokeeindian77@...</A>

        Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Smith, Short, Lemons, Edge, Price,
        Burgess, Morrow, Mahan
        Location: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, N.C., S.C., Kentucky

        My Brick Wall: Joseph P. Rodgers 1846, who were his parents and where did he
        come from? His Wife: Emily Elizabeth Smith/Rodgers/Lemons 1843, who were her
        parents she lived with her grandparents George and Mary Ann Smith.

      • Joy Smith
        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 2, 2003
          Look in Franklin Co TN, it's just across the line from Ala. There are a few Rogers in the area now with light hair/light blue eyes (sort of an Irish look about them). Happy hunting. Joy
          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 24, 2003
[...]

          • RAYMOND SHIRLEY SR.
            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 24, 2003
              The William and Martha (Wilkinson) Rogers family is my line and I have a
              good amount of information about them.
              I show a George Rogers married to Eliza McCrary. I don't have a date for
              the marriage or the names of any children.
              I have a John B. Rogers who was called "Jack." He was a Primitive Baptist
              preacher.
              I have Martha Jane Rogers.
              I have Nancy Eliza Rogers.
              I don't have Eliza Jane. However, it would not surprise me to learn that
              George and Eliza (McCrary) Rogers named a daughter Eliza Jane.

            • LorraineCooper
              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 24, 2003
                How did you get to the 1970 census?Lorraine Cooper-rubyrain@...
[...]

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Sam McDowell
                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 24, 2003
                  Patricia,
                  Do you have a Murphy Wright Rogers or James Murphy
                  Rogers in your data bank? They lived around the
                  Bridgeport area of Jackson Co. I am looking for
                  information on these 2 gentlemen.
                  Sam

                  http://shopping.yahoo.com
                • Gullick99@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 18, 2003
                    Hi,
                    I have been searching for the parents of my husband's grandfather, William
                    Arthur Bowen, b. 5/12/1872(I have also seen 1882). On Arthur's death
                    certificate it list his mother as Martha Rogers. Do you know who Martha Jane Rogers
                    married? Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.
                    Jean Bowen
                    Gullick99@...

                  • zrcb@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003
                      Jean
                      Saw your query and I am sorry but I can't help you. You and your family
                      have a nice Thanksgiving.
                      Chuck
                    • RAYMOND SHIRLEY SR.
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003
                        Martha Jane Rogers, daughter of John B. and Kiziah (Gonce) Rogers, married
                        Thomas Guthrie on 14th April. 1860. They are buried in Hackworth Cemetery,
                        Jackson County, AL.

                      • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003
                          DO YOU KNOW IF THIS FAMILY IS RELATED TO MY FAMILY, JOSEPH P. RODGERS WHO HAD
                          TWO SONS CHARLES AND JOHN RODGERS> 1870 census he is listed living in
                          Bellefonte Al.
                          In a message dated 11/19/03 8:58:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                          rshirley@... writes:
                          Martha Jane Rogers, daughter of John B. and Kiziah (Gonce) Rogers, married
                          Thomas Guthrie on 14th April. 1860. They are buried in Hackworth Cemetery,
                          Jackson County, AL.

                          O si yo,

                          May the sun always shine for you, and the warm winds blow gently on your back.
                          Do na da go hv = Until we meet again
                          U gi da li - Silver Feathers

                          ah-nee-jah-lah-gee = Cherokee People = Guh-geh-yoo, I love you
                          Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee = Your kin

                          In God's Service
                          Patricia Mills
                          cherokeeindian77@...

                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003

                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003
                              I don't know if they were related. John B. Rogers was the son of William

                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              Message 14 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003
                                Hi Chuck,
                                Thanks. I know. I have looked for the Rogers but have been unable to find
                                them in Jackson County. I just hoped someone might know. You and your family
                                have a nice Thanksgiving.
                                Jean

                              • Regina
                                Message 15 of 25 , Nov 20, 2003
                                  I've seen this same John listed as John G. ROGERS. I saw where he was a
                                  Primitive Baptist Preacher, and was known as "Preacher Jack ROGERS". Looks
                                  like this John G ROGERS was living in Franklin Co., Tn.

                                  Martha Jane Rogers, daughter of John B. and Kiziah (Gonce) Rogers, married
                                  Thomas Guthrie on 14th April. 1860. They are buried in Hackworth Cemetery,
                                  Jackson County, AL.

                                  http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/FvNolB/TM
                                • RAYMOND SHIRLEY SR.