Re: [jacksongenealogy] Rodgers/Rogers/Roggers

  • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 27, 2003
      Have you remembered where you saw this yet?
      SCROLL DOWN?
      thank you so much for all you do.

      In a message dated 8/13/03 12:35:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      blackcloud27030@... writes:

      > Subj:Re: [jacksongenealogy] Rodgers/Rogers/Roggers
      > Date:8/13/03 12:35:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
      > From:<A HREF="mailto:blackcloud27030@...">blackcloud27030@...</A>
      > To:<A HREF="mailto:jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com">jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com</A>
      > Sent from the Internet
      >

      > Patricia
      >
      > I remember coming across a Native American Joseph Rodgers when I was looking
      > for your Joseph P Rodgers before. He was Creek or Choctaw Chief not
      > Cherokee. There was quite a bit I read about him, will have to go back and see if I
      > can find it. Try this site for Native Americans
      > http://www.accessgenealogy.com/native/alabama/
      >
      > For those who want to see a map of what Alabama looked like in 1818 try this
      > site
      > http://members.aol.com/JORDANJM2/1818AL.html All of Jackson and DeKalb
      > counties were still part of the Cherokee Nation and the area south of that was
      > the Upper Creek Nation.
      >
      > Clay

      In God's Service
      ah-nee-jah-lah-gee Guh-geh-yoo
      Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee
      Patricia Mills
      <A HREF="cherokeeindain@...">cherokeeindian77@...</A>

      Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Smith, Short, Lemons, Edge, Price,
      Burgess, Morrow, Mahan
      Location: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, N.C., S.C., Kentucky

      My Brick Wall: Joseph P. Rodgers 1846, who were his parents and where did he
      come from? His Wife: Emily Elizabeth Smith/Rodgers/Lemons 1843, who were her
      parents she lived with her grandparents George and Mary Ann Smith.

      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 31, 2003
        Hi Patricia

        Still don't remember where I saw the article on Rodgers. Have not had time to look as my youngest brother is very ill,

      • cherokeeindian77@aol.com

          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 2, 2003
            Look in Franklin Co TN, it's just across the line from Ala. There are a few Rogers in the area now with light hair/light blue eyes (sort of an Irish look about them). Happy hunting. Joy
            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 24, 2003
              Hi Everyone,
[...]

            • RAYMOND SHIRLEY SR.
              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 24, 2003
                The William and Martha (Wilkinson) Rogers family is my line and I have a
                good amount of information about them.
                I show a George Rogers married to Eliza McCrary. I don't have a date for
                the marriage or the names of any children.
                I have a John B. Rogers who was called "Jack." He was a Primitive Baptist
                preacher.
                I have Martha Jane Rogers.
                I have Nancy Eliza Rogers.
                I don't have Eliza Jane. However, it would not surprise me to learn that
                George and Eliza (McCrary) Rogers named a daughter Eliza Jane.

              • LorraineCooper
                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 24, 2003
                  How did you get to the 1970 census?Lorraine Cooper-rubyrain@...
[...]

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • Sam McDowell
                  Message 8 of 25 , Oct 24, 2003
                    Patricia,
                    Do you have a Murphy Wright Rogers or James Murphy
                    Rogers in your data bank? They lived around the
                    Bridgeport area of Jackson Co. I am looking for
                    information on these 2 gentlemen.
                    Sam

                    http://shopping.yahoo.com
                  • Gullick99@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 18, 2003
                      Hi,
                      I have been searching for the parents of my husband's grandfather, William
                      Arthur Bowen, b. 5/12/1872(I have also seen 1882). On Arthur's death
                      certificate it list his mother as Martha Rogers. Do you know who Martha Jane Rogers
                      married? Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.
                      Jean Bowen
                      Gullick99@...

                    • zrcb@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003
                        Jean
                        Saw your query and I am sorry but I can't help you. You and your family
                        have a nice Thanksgiving.
                        Chuck
                      • RAYMOND SHIRLEY SR.
                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003
                          Martha Jane Rogers, daughter of John B. and Kiziah (Gonce) Rogers, married
                          Thomas Guthrie on 14th April. 1860. They are buried in Hackworth Cemetery,
                          Jackson County, AL.

                        • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003
                            DO YOU KNOW IF THIS FAMILY IS RELATED TO MY FAMILY, JOSEPH P. RODGERS WHO HAD
                            TWO SONS CHARLES AND JOHN RODGERS> 1870 census he is listed living in
                            Bellefonte Al.
                            In a message dated 11/19/03 8:58:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                            rshirley@... writes:
                            Martha Jane Rogers, daughter of John B. and Kiziah (Gonce) Rogers, married
                            Thomas Guthrie on 14th April. 1860. They are buried in Hackworth Cemetery,
                            Jackson County, AL.

                            O si yo,

                            May the sun always shine for you, and the warm winds blow gently on your back.
                            Do na da go hv = Until we meet again
                            U gi da li - Silver Feathers

                            ah-nee-jah-lah-gee = Cherokee People = Guh-geh-yoo, I love you
                            Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee = Your kin

                            In God's Service
                            Patricia Mills
                            cherokeeindian77@...

                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003

                              Message 14 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003
                                I don't know if they were related. John B. Rogers was the son of William

                                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                Message 15 of 25 , Nov 19, 2003
                                  Hi Chuck,
                                  Thanks. I know. I have looked for the Rogers but have been unable to find
                                  them in Jackson County. I just hoped someone might know. You and your family
                                  have a nice Thanksgiving.
                                  Jean

                                • Regina
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Nov 20, 2003
                                    I've seen this same John listed as John G. ROGERS. I saw where he was a
                                    Primitive Baptist Preacher, and was known as "Preacher Jack ROGERS". Looks
                                    like this John G ROGERS was living in Franklin Co., Tn.

                                    Martha Jane Rogers, daughter of John B. and Kiziah (Gonce) Rogers, married
                                    Thomas Guthrie on 14th April. 1860. They are buried in Hackworth Cemetery,
                                    Jackson County, AL.

                                    http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/FvNolB/TM
                                  • RAYMOND SHIRLEY SR.