Re: [jacksongenealogy] Maps

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 6, 2003
      Click on following site there are many historical maps of AL. I do remember seeing Big Crow Creek on one of them with small town of Gonce at northern end in Jackson Co. You will have to search thru until you find it as I don't remember just which one..

      http://alabamamaps.ua.edu/historicalmaps/

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 6, 2003
        Shirley

        Don't know where my head was at earlier today with that maps answer. Go to www.topozone.com click on place names enter Pleasant Grove then AL then Jackson County from the pull downs. This will take you directly to the head of Crow Creek Valley. Click on 1:25000 and LARGE at the top of the Map and you will get plenty of detail. You can naviagate around using the arrows on the map.

        Another site is www.terraserver.microsoft.com/ this one has Topo and satellite maps, you can really zoom in with the satellite enough to see houses and other details..

      • KLinge6131@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 7, 2003
          Clay, Want to thank you so much for the information you send forth. I enjoyed
          the Land Patents. Gullat Cuz by marriage, K. Lingenfelter