Brandon

  • GRANDPANO@JUNO.COM
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5 11:32 AM
      My daughter in Section is trying to help a young lady get started on her
      roots. She is looking for any information on Eliza(h) A. Brandon,
      1821-1899. He lived in the Jackson area until his death. If any one there
      can help her, please notify me, Jim Childress, or Jill Green at the
      e-mail address above. Jill lives in section 228-6376 her daughter Emily
      Childress Green was on the local track team and this is Emilys friend.
      Thanks
      Jim
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5 3:47 PM
        Have an Elisha Brandon b. abt 1833 married Sarah A. Cornelison b. abt 1833 married on 16 Jul 1859 Jackson Co. They are on the 1870 and 1880 census Big Coon P.O. if this is them will send more. Elisha's parents were from TN, Sarah's from NC.

        Clay Gullatt

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 6 2:48 AM
          Jim

          Looks like it is Elisha B. Brandon.
          1.He is listed on the AL Marriage Index as marrying
          Sarah A. Cornelison 16 Jul 1854 by JP Noah Shelton.

          2. Civil War Pension Index. Invalid 03 Nov 1879, Widow's Pension to Sarah Jane Brandon 01 Mar? 1899 AL.

          3. Civil War Service Index: Elisha B. Brandon, Co. A 1st TN Indpt Videte Cavaly, PVT, Union.

          4. Census
          House # 684 1870 Census Big Coon P.O. Jackson Co. AL
          Elisha Brandon age 37 male Farmer b. AL
          Sarah J. age 37 female Keeping House b. AL
          Rebecca A. J. age 13 female At Home all the children b. AL
          Nathan Y. J. age 13 male Farm Laborer
          Jno, B.C. age 07 male (abv. for John)
          James I. D. age 01 male
          William C. age 16 male Farm Laborer
          There is a 2 in between Rebecca and Nathan so assume they are twins.

          House #681 1870 Census Big Coon P.O. Jackson Co. AL
          Wm Cornelison age 70 male Farmer b. NC
          Rebecca age 64 female Keeping House b. NC
          W.R. W. Cobb age 22 male Blacksmith b. AL
          Thomas Y. age 20 male Farm Laborer b. AL
          Eliza J. age 08 female Race Black b. AL

          House # 683 1870 Census Big Coon P.O. Jackson Co. AL
          Jno. C. Cornelison age 34 male Farm Laborer b. AL
          Phoaa?? Thoaa?? age 29 felmale Keeping House b. AL
          Rebecca L. age 10 female all children b. AL
          Sarah A. age 09
          Wm age 06
          Mary C. age 03
          John W. C. age 02
          Have a bunch on the Cornelison ancestry in NC Also other Brandons listed in Jackson Co. on 1870 census if you want those.

          1880 Census Jackson Co. AL from www.familysearch.org
          Elisha Brandron self married male white 50 b. AL Farmer parents b. TN
          Sarah Brandon wife married female white 47 Al Keeping House parents b. NC
          William Brandon son single male white 25 b. AL Farmer Parents b. AL
          Rebecca Brandon dau single female white 22 b. AL Parents b. AL
          John B. Brandon son single male white 17 b. AL Parents b. AL

          Clay Gullatt, Mount Airy NC

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 6 3:09 AM
            Land Patent

            Elisha B. Brandon Patented 40.3 acres Aliquot NENW Sect 9 Township 3S Range 5E Jackson County AL.

          • lydia flack
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 6 11:09 AM
              On the land patents how do we know about where the land is? lou
              Elisha B. Brandon Patented 40.3 acres Aliquot NENW Sect 9 Township 3S Range 5E Jackson County AL.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 6 12:53 PM
                Lou

                Click on first site for map of Jackson County with Townships and Ranges. Twsp 3s Range 5e is generally in the area of Skyline, Maynard Cove, Tupelo. That area between the upper parts of Mud Creek and Guess Creek.

                http://alabamamaps.ua.edu/counties/jackson.jpg

                Go to this site to get a copy of the land patent, this takes you to the search engine enter Elisha Brandon or just Brandon..

                http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/PatentSearch/

              • Shirley Carter
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 6 1:18 PM
                  Clay ,
                  Do you have a map that show boarder of Jackson CO., AL and Franklin CO., TN. exspecially showing Crow Creek Valley , that is where my Taylor family lived in 1840 to 1850. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
                  Thank You Kindly .
                  Shirley Carter
                  P. S. my email address is cartersa@...

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 6 3:44 PM
                    Click on following site there are many historical maps of AL. I do remember seeing Big Crow Creek on one of them with small town of Gonce at northern end in Jackson Co. You will have to search thru until you find it as I don't remember just which one..

                    http://alabamamaps.ua.edu/historicalmaps/

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 6 7:46 PM
                      Shirley

                      Don't know where my head was at earlier today with that maps answer. Go to www.topozone.com click on place names enter Pleasant Grove then AL then Jackson County from the pull downs. This will take you directly to the head of Crow Creek Valley. Click on 1:25000 and LARGE at the top of the Map and you will get plenty of detail. You can naviagate around using the arrows on the map.

                      Another site is www.terraserver.microsoft.com/ this one has Topo and satellite maps, you can really zoom in with the satellite enough to see houses and other details..

                    • KLinge6131@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 7 1:59 PM
                        Clay, Want to thank you so much for the information you send forth. I enjoyed
                        the Land Patents. Gullat Cuz by marriage, K. Lingenfelter