Re: Genealogy

  • GRANDPANO@JUNO.COM
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31 8:27 AM
      The best way for her to jump start her research is to visit the Jackson
      Co. historical site near where the old phone company was. I belive it is
      called Jackson Hertiage Center on Houston. The phone there is 259--2122
      and see if Mr. Page is available. I think he is Carlos Page. He has tons
      of genealogy for local names. With the start the Library has Micro film
      of all the Jackson residents to 1930. By finding the head of household,
      all the children and family are listed. It give the whole neighborhood so
      she can each for other realities. It give the date and state of birth
      value of land, and several other useful things. There are several web
      sites for genealogy in Jackson Co. one of which I added above. There are
      several programs for genealogy and I suggest the least expensive one she
      can find. They will all work together with the GED exchange. I will be
      glad to help her any way I can but she is in a good place to find more
      than I can.
      Dad