Gideon & Lucinda Gifford

  • RKi4222422@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 22, 2003
      Does any one have information on land owned by Gideon b. 1811 & Lucinda
      Gifford b. 1817? They lived in the Jackson County area. Their son George Gifford,
      who was married to Emaline Matthews, is my great-grandfather. Also, how did
      Emaline die?

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 23, 2003
        Gideon M. Gifford patented two parcels of land 1 in 1860 and 1 in 1888. George W. Gifford patented 1 parcel in 1897. There are 26 parcels in Jackson Co. patented by various Giffords. To see the list and descriptions of homesteads use following link:

        http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/PatentSearch/

        Clay Gullatt

      • Golden Moments
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 23, 2003
          Thanks for this site, I found my ancestor Joseph Parks Frazeir, owning much
          land I think in the Paint Rock Valley area. I read somewhere else his
          holdings were valued at 8,000 dollars, much in that time.

          Laura Frazier Golden