Re: [jacksongenealogy] locating homesteads

  • Golden Moments
    Message 1 of 47 , Jul 22, 2003
      Earl,
      I have looked carefully through the info that I have on the Precise family
      and do not find the name Frona. Which Precise did she marry?
      There is book on the history of Jackson County. I scanned it briefly today
      at the Huntsville Library, Also a book on land grants in Jackson County. It
      tells you if your ancestors owned land in Jackson County. Also, the library
      only has the census to 1930, therefore, no info regarding locations of
      families can be found on census after 1930. Census following 1930 will not
      be available until 72 years later, Can you believe it?
      Several Precise's did own land in Jackson County, Also one of my Frazier
      ancestors (Joseph P.), I hope owned land and was a Alabama State Senator and
      Representative in the mid 1800's. There was a Frazier Cove in Jackson
      County. I also think that some Fraziers lived in Princeton or Paint Rock
      Valley near Gurley on the way to Huntsville, AL. This explains why my
      Greatgrandmother Frazier was buried in a cemetary in Princeton.
      Message 47 of 47 , Sep 6, 2003
        See attached file.