Fw: [jacksongenealogy] locating homesteads

  • Golden Moments
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 22, 2003
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: " Golden Moments" <pastorl@...>
      To: <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 4:11 PM
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] locating homesteads

      > Rhonda,
      >
      > I am trying to place the Precise family in a particular place in the early
      > 1800's. I believe they probably all lived near each other considering the
      > way things were at that time. I am pretty sure that they all lived in the
      > Pikeville area, mainly a community of several families, called Ivy
      Bottoms.
      > My maiden name is Frazier, my married name is Golden, and they all lived
      in
      > that area because of the rich farm land there. It still is, my cousin
      > Charilie Precise, farms over 3000 acres in the area.
      > Ambrose Lafayette Am Precise was born Apr 6, 1842, buried in the shelton
      > cememtary, (in the Pikeville/.tupelo area, near Scottsboro, Al, where my
      > grandmother Mary Alice Precise is buried.
      > The info I have is similar to yours, they were married July 27, 84, they
      had
      > five children, Delila, Joseph, John, Robert, Sarah, james, My info says no
      > more info at this time.
      > I have several pages regarding the Precise family.
      > If you would like a copy send me a self addressed envelope and I'll will
      > send you a copy.
      > My address is:
      > Laura Golden
      > 3019 Co. Rd. 47
      > Section, AL 35771
      > So it seems like we some kin.

      March26,1866

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • altafae@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 22, 2003
        Is this the same family?

        Family of John F. Precise
        First Generation

        1. John F. Precise was born in 1832 in Jackson Co., Alabama. John was
        counted in a census in 1880 in Jackson Co., Alabama.

        Homestead Certificate 29092 N1/2SW 5/ 3-S 5E Huntsville, Alabama, Jackson
        County - Scottsborro.

        Submitter: THOMAS E. JACKS - 252 FRANK HEREFORD DRIVE - NEW MARKET AL USA
        35761

        John William PRECISE Sex: M Marriage(s): Spouse: Louise Catherine SMITH
        Marriage: 5 Jul 1903
        Scottsborro, Jackson, Alabama

        John William PRECISE Sex: M Event(s): Birth: 28 Feb 1871 Scottsborro,
        Jackson, Alabama Parents:
        Father: Ambrose PRECISE Mother: Phebe Jane SANDERS

        John W. PRECISE Sex: M Event(s): Birth: 28 Dec 1871 Jackson, Alabama

        John PRECISE Sex: M Event(s): Census: 1831 Jackson, Alabama
        Parents: Father: William
        PRECISE Mother

        JOHN WALLACE PRECISE Sex: M Event(s): Birth: 1 Aug 1913 Scottsborro,
        Jackson, Alabama
        Parents: Father: JOHN WILLIAM PRECISE Mother: LOUISA CATHERINE SMITH

        John W. PRECISE Sex: M Event(s): Birth: 1860 Jackson, Alabama Parents:
        Father: James
        PRECISE Mother: Fabora

        Household Record 1880 United States Census
        Search results | Download Previous Household Next Household
        Household:
        Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's
        Birthplace Mother's
        Birthplace
        John PRECISE Self M Male W 48 AL Farmer VA TN
        Mary F. PRECISE Wife M Female W 44 TN Keeping House NC NC

        Mary E. PRECISE Dau S Female W 22 AL AL TN
        Lucind C. PRECISE Dau S Female W 20 AL AL TN
        Martha PRECISE Dau S Female W 18 AL AL TN
        Nancy A. PRECISE Dau S Female W 15 AL AL TN
        Eliza C. PRECISE Dau S Female W 15 AL AL TN
        William T. PRECISE Son S Male W 13 AL Field Hand AL TN
        James D. PRECISE Son S Male W 10 AL Field Hand AL TN
        Joseph C. PRECISE Son S Male W 4 AL AL TN
        John S. PRECISE Son S Male W 1 AL AL TN
        Source Information:
        Census Place Jackson, Alabama
        Family History Library Film 1254016
        NA Film Number T9-0016
        Page Number 135D

        John married (1) Eliza Ann Sanders daughter of Joseph Sanders and Sarah Bynum
        about
        1851 in Jackson Co., Alabama. Eliza was born in 1829. John married (2) Mary
        Ann Baggett on 1 Sep 1856 in Jackson Co., Alabama. Mary died about 1870 in
        Jackson Co., Alabama. They had the following children:

        2 F i. Mary E. Precise was born in 1858 in Jackson Co., Alabama.
        Mary was counted in a census in 1880 in Jackson Co., Alabama.

        3 F ii. Lucinda Precise was born in 1860 in Jackson Co., Alabama.

        Lucinda was counted in a census in 1880 in Jackson Co., Alabama.

        4 F iii. Martha S. Precise was born in 1862 in Jackson Co.,
        Alabama. Martha was counted in a census in 1880 in Jackson Co., Alabama. Martha
        married Solomon Brazier son of Elijah Brazier Jr. and Elizabeth "Miss. Betsy"
        Stephens on 11 Jan 1885 in Jackson Co., Alabama. Solomon was born in May 1861 in
        Jackson Co., Alabama. Solomon was counted in a census in 1870/116 in Jackson
        Co., Alabama.

        (Jackson Co, AL, Marriage Book p.458)

        Brashear, Salomon
        Age: 58 Year: 1920
        Birthplace: Alabama Roll: T625_1835
        Race: White Page: 13B
        State: Texas ED: 107
        County: Montague Image: 472
        Township: Sunset

        5 F iv. Nancy A. Precise was born in 1865 in Jackson Co., Alabama.

        Nancy was counted in a census in 1880 in Jackson Co., Alabama.

        6 F v. Elizabeth "Eliza" C. Precise was born in 1865 in Jackson Co.,
        Alabama.

        7 M vi. William T. Precise was born in 1867 in Jackson Co., Alabama.
        William was counted in a census in 1880 in Jackson Co., Alabama.

        8 M vii. James D. Precise was born in 1870 in Jackson Co.,
        Alabama. James was counted in a census in 1880 in Jackson Co., Alabama.

        John married (3) Mary Fell Garland Austin on 24 Jan 1875 in Jackson Co.,
        Alabama.
        They had the following children:

        9 M viii. Joseph Carperton Precise was born in 1875. He died in
        1951. Joseph married Unknown.

        10 M ix. John S. Precise was born in 1879 in Jackson Co., Alabama.

      • Golden Moments
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 23, 2003
          Yes, most of these names are in the materials I have re: my ancestors,
          Precise's.
          John F. Precise was one of the nine sons of William and Delilah Precise, the
          first Precise's to come to Jackson County. They settled in the Pikeville
          area, at the bottom of Cumberland Mountain. John had three wives, of which
          his second gave birth to my greatgrandfather, William Thomas whose first
          wife, Sarah Lovelace, gave birth to my grandmother, Mary Alice, who died
          when she was thirty leaving five children, my father being three years old.

          Are we kinfolks?

          L:aura

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 23, 2003
            John F. Precise and Mary Ann Baggett daughter Martha S. Precise married
            Solomon Brazier, the younger brother of my great great grandfather - George
            Washington Brazier. I have been collecting information on his family over the years.
            I do not have much, but any contribution to the family history would be
            greatly appreciated.

            cuz Jimmie

          • Golden Moments
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 24, 2003
              The only thing I have is that they were married at her father's house and
              later moved to Texas before 1900.

              cuz laura