Re: [jacksongenealogy] locating homesteads

  • Golden Moments
    Message 1 of 47 , Jul 22 2:11 PM
      Rhonda,

      I am trying to place the Precise family in a particular place in the early
      1800's. I believe they probably all lived near each other considering the
      way things were at that time. I am pretty sure that they all lived in the
      Pikeville area, mainly a community of several families, called Ivy Bottoms.
      My maiden name is Frazier, my married name is Golden, and they all lived in
      that area because of the rich farm land there. It still is, my cousin
      Charilie Precise, farms over 3000 acres in the area.
      Ambrose Lafayette Am Precise was born Apr 6, 1842, buried in the shelton
      cememtary, (in the Pikeville/.tupelo area, near Scottsboro, Al, where my
      grandmother Mary Alice Precise is buried.
      The info I have is similar to yours, they were married July 27, 84, they had
      five children, Delila, Joseph, John, Robert, Sarah, james, My info says no
      more info at this time.
      I have several pages regarding the Precise family.
      If you would like a copy send me a self addressed envelope and I'll will
      send you a copy.
      My address is:
      Laura Golden
      3019 Co. Rd. 47