Re: [jacksongenealogy] locating homesteads

  • rlmw63@aol.com
    Message 1 of 47 , Jul 22, 2003
      Earl,
      I have been trying to find information on the Precise family of Jackson Co.
      My greatgrandmother was Delila Frances Precise, she was born March26,1866 in
      Jackson Co. She married Absalom James Dolberry in Jackson Co. Alabama. I am
      trying to locate more information on the Precise family. I know that her
      parents were Ambrose Precise and C.M.A.J. Sisk. I have found through census
      records that Ambrose Precise had remarried and was married to Phoebe Sanders had
      they had te following children Joseph D., JohnW., Sarah A, And in 1880 he had a
      niece living with him Sarah J. Precise, age 27.
      Ambrose Precise is listed in the 1860 census of Jackson Co. Alabama as being
      age 18, he is listed in the household of William Precise age 56 and a farmer,
      also listed in the household are Delilah 68, David 15, Robert Precise 15,
      William 13, and Joseph age 10.
      I have also located the following Precise's in the 1860 census Clumentle
      Precise, male, age 25, farmer, also listed in the same household are Lucinda age
      17, and Thomas age 21 and a farm laborer.
      I am not sure how or if these families are related if you might know I would
      be interested to find out.
      I am also interested in any information on Sisk family living in Jackson Co.
      aroun 1840 and later.
      Thank you.
      Rhonda Woodard

      Message 47 of 47 , Sep 6, 2003