Re: [jacksongenealogy] Miles Homestead

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2003
      According to the BLM records it is in section thirty not section three and is listed as being in Jackson and DeKalb Co.. Also a John H. Miles patented land in Tuscaloosa Co in 1885.

    • Sam McDowell
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 21, 2003
        John H Miles(born and raised in White Co., Ga.) lived
        in Dekalb Co., Al with his first wife Nancy Lee McGee,
        dau of Abner McGee and Sarah Wilson, before entering
        Jackson Co. Some of his children with Nancy are buried
        in Skirum Cemetery, Dekalb Co., Al. He married Sarah
        Elizabeth Hurt, dau of William Hurt (my grandmother)
        in Rising Fawn, Ga in Sept 1900. So, section 30 is
        probably correct.
        Thank you all for your help.
        Sam

        http://sbc.yahoo.com