Williams

  • Helen
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 7, 2003
      I am researching Williams line and this particular Williams I am
      seeking information on is not from Jackson but thought someone might
      have run across him. My Great Great Grandfather is Jesse Guin
      Williams this is the line I am working on as well as Chaney. I am
      seeking information on his half brother Charles David Williams of
      Dekalb County. There is no group for Dekalb so thought I would post
      here just in case since they are neiboring counties.

      Charles D. Williams was born in 1841 and is the son of William G.
      Williams and Margaret Elizabeth Stevens. The only census records I
      can locate him on are the 1850 census in William Williams' household
      with William's second wife Jane (Naylor) Williams. I do know that he
      served in the Civil War (CSA). He got a land grant in Dekalb County
      after the war, where he spent the rest of his life apparently.

      He married a woman named Elizabeth ????. They are both buried in
      Fyffe Cemetery next to Corinth Baptist Church, Fyffe, Dekalb Co
      Alabama. Other than this I have no information.

      If you happen to run across these people I would appreciate any
      information. My g g grand, Jesse Williams was supposed to have lived
      in Dekalb Co before he homesteaded in Jackson Co. He lived with a
      family named Isbell in Dekalb Co to be near his half brother (I am
      assuming)this Charles Williams.
    • purplecraze38@charter.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 19, 2007
        I am looking foe info on William John Williams born about 1860 in Tennessee and died May 1, 1924 in Jackson County Alabama. He married Nancy caroline Elkins also born in Tennessee and died in Jackson County Alabama in 1941.

        ---- CHARLES WILLIAMS <chwilliams2135@...> wrote:
        > I have a Mary Christain Jones who married John Williams in Union Co., SC about 1810. Mary C. (Thursa) was born in 1781 d. 1852 in Wayne Co., MO. Her younger sister, Leticia Jones married the same John Williams in 1836 in Trigg Co., KY and died in Hancock co., IL in 1885. Ruel W. Williams, a son was in Jackson Co., AL in 1840.
        > CHW
        >
        > ajones_edinfoser <ajones_edinfoser@...> wrote:
        > I am trying to find out some information on Adrew Jones, born abt
        > 1870, in Madison County.
        >
        > Andrew and his brother Felix lived in Hambrick Jackson County in 1900
        > with an uncle named George. He had other brothers, Seborn (Selem),
        > 1859, and Patrick (Pateric)abt 1866, living in Hambrick at another
        > residence. I am interested in any information on Andrew Jones'
        > marriages (the most important), and a middle name for him, places
        > where he worked, about his family, or anything on what he did after
        > 1900. Andrew Jones, 1870, was born in New Market, his father was John
        > (NMN, maybe R) Jones, 1835-1903, possibly a shoe maker, and his
        > mother, Martha Emily Pennington, 1839-1904, both are buried in the
        > Princeton area (do not know cemetary not in links at Webpage). Andrew
        > Jones' grandfather was Seaborn Jones, 1800-1867, who was a stone
        > mason.
        >
        > I am trying to find the Andrew Clarence Jones, 1870, who married
        > Levie Buchanan 25 Feb. 1873 in Tallapoosa County. I believe Levie's
        > family moved to Marshall County and were there in 1900. She and her
        > son Howard B. Buchanan, born 1896 in Vincent Shelby County are in
        > Kelleys Creek St Clair County. However, there is another Clarence
        > Jones in Spearmen Shelby County.
        >
        > The difficulty I am having is finding out if the Clarence Jones in
        > Spearman got a divorce and married Levie Buchanan or if Andrew Jones
        > in Jackson married her. Also, I do not know who are the parents of
        > Clarence Jones in Spearman. What I am trying to determine is when
        > Levie married and to whom and if it is Clarence Jones in Spearman,
        > who his parents were.
        >
        > Any details that you can provide about their lives would be very much
        > appreciated. Thank you very much for your assistance.

      • CHARLES WILLIAMS
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 19, 2007
          Here is what I have on a William J. Williams
          CHW

          Descendants of William J. Williams

          Generation No. 1

          1. WILLIAM J.5 WILLIAMS (JAMES N.4, J. PATRICK3, JOHN2, PATRICK1) was born 1844 in AL. He married NANCY M TODD 02 Jan 1866 in Lauderdale Co AL. She was born Abt. 1843.
          Notes for WILLIAM J. WILLIAMS:
          [John Williams3.FTW]
          Enlisted Sep 1863, Lawrenceburg, TN. Pvt., Biffles' Co., later Cooper's Co. Released May 1865, from prison, Camp Morton, IN
          More About WILLIAM WILLIAMS and NANCY TODD:
          Marriage: 02 Jan 1866, Lauderdale Co AL

          purplecraze38@... wrote:
          I am looking foe info on William John Williams born about 1860 in Tennessee and died May 1, 1924 in Jackson County Alabama. He married Nancy caroline Elkins also born in Tennessee and died in Jackson County Alabama in 1941.

          ---- CHARLES WILLIAMS <chwilliams2135@...> wrote:
          > I have a Mary Christain Jones who married John Williams in Union Co., SC about 1810. Mary C. (Thursa) was born in 1781 d. 1852 in Wayne Co., MO. Her younger sister, Leticia Jones married the same John Williams in 1836 in Trigg Co., KY and died in Hancock co., IL in 1885. Ruel W. Williams, a son was in Jackson Co., AL in 1840.
          > CHW
          >
          > ajones_edinfoser <ajones_edinfoser@...> wrote:
          > I am trying to find out some information on Adrew Jones, born abt
          > 1870, in Madison County.
          >
          > Andrew and his brother Felix lived in Hambrick Jackson County in 1900
          > with an uncle named George. He had other brothers, Seborn (Selem),
          > 1859, and Patrick (Pateric)abt 1866, living in Hambrick at another
          > residence. I am interested in any information on Andrew Jones'
          > marriages (the most important), and a middle name for him, places
          > where he worked, about his family, or anything on what he did after
          > 1900. Andrew Jones, 1870, was born in New Market, his father was John
          > (NMN, maybe R) Jones, 1835-1903, possibly a shoe maker, and his
          > mother, Martha Emily Pennington, 1839-1904, both are buried in the
          > Princeton area (do not know cemetary not in links at Webpage). Andrew
          > Jones' grandfather was Seaborn Jones, 1800-1867, who was a stone
          > mason.
          >
          > I am trying to find the Andrew Clarence Jones, 1870, who married
          > Levie Buchanan 25 Feb. 1873 in Tallapoosa County. I believe Levie's
          > family moved to Marshall County and were there in 1900. She and her
          > son Howard B. Buchanan, born 1896 in Vincent Shelby County are in
          > Kelleys Creek St Clair County. However, there is another Clarence
          > Jones in Spearmen Shelby County.
          >
          > The difficulty I am having is finding out if the Clarence Jones in
          > Spearman got a divorce and married Levie Buchanan or if Andrew Jones
          > in Jackson married her. Also, I do not know who are the parents of
          > Clarence Jones in Spearman. What I am trying to determine is when
          > Levie married and to whom and if it is Clarence Jones in Spearman,
          > who his parents were.
          >
          > Any details that you can provide about their lives would be very much
          > appreciated. Thank you very much for your assistance.

        • Anthony Jones
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 19, 2007
            Sorry, but no Williams surnames in the Jones family. Seaborn Jones' father's name was William Jones. The family originated in GA, VA, and Carolinas and settled in Northeast Alabama, Madison/Jackson counties in about 1800. Seaborn outlived five of six wives. His son John Jones b abt 1835 in Madison County was by his third wife, last name was Howard. I'm trying to find out information about Andrew Jones, John Jones' and Emily Jones' son, who was born in 1870 also in New Market Madison County AL. He and his brothers were in Jackson County in 1900 working on a farm owned by George Jones, a brother of John Jones.

            CHARLES WILLIAMS <chwilliams2135@...> wrote: Here is what I have on a William J. Williams

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 19, 2007
              My William John Willaims was born around 1860, his death certificate says his parents were Martin Williams from Kentucky and Nannie Elkins from Tennessee. Maybe they got confused about his mothers name on his death certificate because that was the name of his wife. Regina

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 19, 2007
                I'm sorry according to the death certificate my William John Williams was born around 1850.

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 22, 2007
                  Charles, Do you know if William John Williams was married a second time after this ladyNan ? Thanks, Regina

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 22, 2007
                    You have the complete entry on William J Williams.
                    CHW