Re: [jacksongenealogy] To or not to leave the group

  • Jeanette
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 6, 2003
      Hello to you all on this site - I did not leave because of the spam. I
      left because I will be gone on vacation for 3 weeks, but when I get back
      home, I will pick up all the 15 sites that I was on once again. I love
      this site and I WILL be back - Jeanette Henson McClure.

    • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 6, 2003
        I like the way you ended your e-mail with the brick wall notice would you
        mind if I did mine, I'd be using your idea, hehehe

        marywinn@... writes:

        > Subj:Re: [jacksongenealogy] To or not to leave the group
        > Date:6/6/03 8:35:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time
        > From:<A HREF="mailto:marywinn@...">marywinn@...</A>
        > To:<A HREF="mailto:jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com">jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com</A>
        > Sent from the Internet
        >

        > I'm staying.
        > Mary Winn Anderson
        >
        > Researching in Jackson Co: Anderson, Morris, Prince, Swaim, Fanning--many
        > more related names
        > Brick Walls: Horation Anderson--Who were his parents, where did he come
        > from
        > Calvin Morris--same as Horatio

        In God's Service
        ah-nee-jah-lah-gee Guh-geh-yoo
        Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee
        Patricia Mills
        <A HREF="cherokeeindain@...">cherokeeindian77@...</A>

        Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Smith, Short, Lemons, Edge, Price,
        Burgess, Morrow, Mahan
        Location: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, N.C., S.C., Kentucky

      • zrcb@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 6, 2003
          Darlene
          That couldn't have been said better. I am looking for my relatives that
          lived in Scottsboro , Fackler,Stevenson and Bellefonte. The surnames are
          Boyd, Kirby,Haswell,Pittman and Holder. My GGgrandparents John Boyd and Elizabeth
          lived in Scottsboro. My Ggrandparents Robert Boyd and Mary Waller lived in
          Bellefonte. My Grandparents John Boyd and Ida Southerland lived in Fackler.
          Sure would appreciate any information on these people.
          Thanks
          Chuck Boyd
        • marywinn
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 6, 2003
            Go for it! That's what this list is for--genealogy--brick walls can come
            down--I have had several break with just for one hit----
            Everyone with brick walls in Jackson Co. should post.

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • gerriboat@aol.com
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 6, 2003
              I'm staying. I am researching the Harbin's (George W. and Nannie B.) from
              Jackson County and would like a contact person for Bingham Cemetery in Jackson
              County if anyone knows who the caretakers are.
              Thanks for any help.

              Gerrianne Maroney Boatright
            • Denise
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 6, 2003
                I'm looking for my family also..from fackler..thompsons and McCollough's
                George Washington Thompson married a Lydia McCollough (b sept 2nd 1868
                coffee co tn d jan 9th 1941 jackson co al) according to the death cert i
                have for her George was still liveing and he was 76 yrs of age..they had
                several children whos names i have listed as
                Gilbert..myler..robert..johnny..thomas..elmer..eliza..Lonnie..Pearl...sine..
                Nannie...annabell and ida-mae(we called her big mama) I know that george was
                alive when his son Gilbert died on 12/24/1950 his obit lists his father
                alive..but when my mama died 2/21/1952 he was gone..I have no dates for
                George..he's a man with a face..and thats it..I do have his picture..but no
                dates..i know he went to prison a couple of times..once for killing a
                man..and others for gambling i'm told..if you have any info on this family
                or can do a look up or anything i'd appreciate it..I live in illinois and I
                can't get to Bama to look things up..thanks so much..Denise
                > That couldn't have been said better. I am looking for my relatives
                that
                > lived in Scottsboro , Fackler,Stevenson and Bellefonte. The surnames are
                > Boyd, Kirby,Haswell,Pittman and Holder. My GGgrandparents John Boyd and
                Elizabeth
                > lived in Scottsboro. My Ggrandparents Robert Boyd and Mary Waller lived
                in
                > Bellefonte. My Grandparents John Boyd and Ida Southerland lived in
                Fackler.
                > Sure would appreciate any information on these people.
                > Thanks
                > Chuck Boyd

              • Kim Jackson
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 6, 2003
                  Gilbert Thompson was my g.g.grandfather. I think this is the same family. Do you know who your Gilbert married.
                  If so I have some info on him also pictures.......Kim
                  > That couldn't have been said better. I am looking for my relatives
                  that
                  > lived in Scottsboro , Fackler,Stevenson and Bellefonte. The surnames are
                  > Boyd, Kirby,Haswell,Pittman and Holder. My GGgrandparents John Boyd and
                  Elizabeth
                  > lived in Scottsboro. My Ggrandparents Robert Boyd and Mary Waller lived
                  in
                  > Bellefonte. My Grandparents John Boyd and Ida Southerland lived in
                  Fackler.
                  > Sure would appreciate any information on these people.
                  > Thanks
                  > Chuck Boyd

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • Denise
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 6, 2003
                    Her name was lillie duke..does this ring a bell..if
                    soooooooo...woooohoooo..Denise
                    > Gilbert Thompson was my g.g.grandfather. I think this is the same family.
                    Do you know who your Gilbert married.
                    > If so I have some info on him also pictures.......Kim

                  • onie ruhe
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 6, 2003
                      do you know any isbels in section? my grandma i heard was from section.
                      thanks
                      onie
                      Hello to you all on this site - I did not leave because of the spam. I
                      left because I will be gone on vacation for 3 weeks, but when I get back
                      home, I will pick up all the 15 sites that I was on once again. I love
                      this site and I WILL be back - Jeanette Henson McClure.

                      At 09:36 AM 6/6/03 -0400, you wrote:
                      >I wish those of you who want to leave would reconsider. I had ancestors in
                      >Jackson County and some of you may know of them. I still have relatives there
                      >and some of you do know them. My great uncle, Johnny Neeley, lives there,
                      >out on
                      >County Road 62 in Section. I may know of some of yours but if we all leave
                      >the list who is going to be left to help us find them? We can read the
                      >subject
                      >of a post and know if it will be offensive. I know, I know, we should not
                      >have
                      >to. But, until this is straightened out we do.
                      >If we reply to their post and send it back to the list we are advertising
                      >again for them. Bet they love that. Do we really want them to run us off?
                      >Maybe
                      >we want them to get tired that we don't care that they have preferences other
                      >than ours and leave our list alone. Some have said they did not sign up for
                      >this list. Well, you did too. What you did not sign up for is the "smut"
                      >but none
                      >of us knew those "special people" would find this list and began posting
                      >here.
                      >I am not leaving and hope none of you do.
                      >Darlene
                      >Texas

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    • Kim Jackson
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 6, 2003
                        Denise,
                        Yes Lillie Duke was my g.g.grandmother. So it is the same family. I would love to chat with you about the family.
                        You can e-mail me direct at kim_mikejackson@..............Kim
                        Her name was lillie duke..does this ring a bell..if
                        soooooooo...woooohoooo..Denise
                        > Gilbert Thompson was my g.g.grandfather. I think this is the same family.
                        Do you know who your Gilbert married.
                        > If so I have some info on him also pictures.......Kim

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      • Denise
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 7, 2003
                          sorry forgot the attachement..Denise
                          > Yes Lillie Duke was my g.g.grandmother. So it is the same family. I would
                          love to chat with you about the family.
                          > You can e-mail me direct at kim_mikejackson@..............Kim

                        • Denise
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 7, 2003
                            this was a woops...wasn't supoose to go back to the list..sorry