List Manager Action - No reason to leave the list

  • altafae@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
      I do not think this is the list that is doing this automatically, but someone
      adding themselves to the list or using its address for sales purposes - the
      list manager should remove this person and report them to Yahoo as promoting
      this type of smut. I do not understand the people that removed themselves from
      the list for something that is sent by someone that has the intention to bring
      this agenda to others. The list can only police such things, and are not the
      reason for it, genuine research is being done here and we should not be
      intimidated by this poor individual who has no manners or respect for themselves
      much less others.

      The world has come a long way from the society that we thought we had - but
      removing yourself is only justifying this person desire to disrupt our research
      and make people miss the opportunity to find missing ancestor - we need to
      stand with our list manager and let them police this list as these things come
      up as they will slip through from time to time - we have a free country and
      need to understand the only way to stop this type of behavior is to allow our
      list manager the opportunity to have this person's email privilege removed.

      Jimmie Ryan
      GGGGson of Elijah Brazier b 1776
      Scottsborro, Alabama

    • DrKirby25@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2003
        I have a simplistic approach that works every time. Read the title and delete
        it.
        I did not peek at any that had offensive titles. Peeking will only confirm
        ones suspicion that it is a pornographic email.
        JMK

      • Skysilver2000@charter.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2003
          That's fine except on Outlook express where it just shows up if you even look at the title-then you are stuck!