Re: [jacksongenealogy] Burgess in my line

  • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
      The Burgess Book starts out with:
      John Burgess Sr. Born 1784 Virginia married Sarah Smith born 1780 South
      Carolina
      She is the Sister of George Smith my g.g.g.g.Grandfather.
      The Burgess family and Smith family go a long ways back in history.
      Do you have the book?

      In a message dated 6/4/03 12:54:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      SandraLyn66@... writes:

      > Subj:Re: [jacksongenealogy] Burgess in my line
      > Date:6/4/03 12:54:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time
      > From:<A HREF="mailto:SandraLyn66@...">SandraLyn66@...</A>
      > To:<A HREF="mailto:jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com">jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com</A>
      > Sent from the Internet
      >

      > My mother' s maiden name was Burgess- Wanda Faye Burgess b. 1947
      > Her parents were James Alfred Burgess b. 7-2-1912 Cumberland Co, Tn died
      > 1975 and Lillie Dodson
      > His father was James Harrison Burgess 7-11-1887 d. 1960 Cumberland Co. TN
      > He
      > married 1st Willie Owensby and 2nd Los Angeline Davis
      > His father was Richard Layette Burgessb. 7-12-1867 cumberland co. died
      > 1-26-1927 he married Martha Ann Catherine Myers
      > His dad was John Hiram Burgess b.june 1820 died 1905 he married 1st unknow
      > Native Amercian 2nd Martha Grace Campbell
      > His dad was Thomas William Burgess b. ? d. 1830 he was married to Mary Polly
      >
      > Hunter
      >
      > If we go back far enough I'm sure we are kin some where. Sandra (Ross)
      > Shelton

      In God's Service
      ah-nee-jah-lah-gee Guh-geh-yoo
      Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee
      Patricia Mills
      <A HREF="cherokeeindain@...">cherokeeindian77@...</A>

      Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Smith, Short, Lemons, Edge, Price,
      Burgess, Morrow, Mahan
      Location: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, N.C., S.C., Kentucky