Joseph P. Rodgers

  • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2003
      a very kind lady sent me the miltary records of a Joseph P. Rodgers who was
      in the civil war in Georgia. BUT after going to the Archives in Washington DC I
      found this Rodgers was killed in a camp during the war so I'm thinking it
      wasn't my Joseph P. Rodgers, sure was a good match just would like to know if he
      was killed or not but no way of finding out for sure now. Records showed the
      name later in life as living in Bellefonte Al. 1870 married to an Emily and
      had three children so differently he was not dead. I have no way of proving this
      is the right man and to say he was not killed, All I know for sure is he was
      in the civil war and according to family he served in Scottsboro at the Salt
      Petter Cave. He must have had some rank on him due to being in charge of a
      company of men and slaves. Now my cousin tells me he has found Joseph P. Rodgers
      and has joined the sons of the confiderate so I'm just looking for the proof.

      In God's Service
      ah-nee-jah-lah-gee Guh-geh-yoo
      Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee
      Patricia Mills
      <A HREF="cherokeeindain@...">cherokeeindian77@...</A>

      Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Smith, Short, Lemons, Edge, Price,
      Burgess, Morrow, Mahan
      Location: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, N.C., S.C., Kentucky