Burgess in my line

  • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
      I have Burgess also got some info.
      John Burgess, 1810 Tenn. 1878 Blount Co. Al.
      John Burgess married Rachel Smith back in 1830, this was my g.g.Grandmothers
      aunt and uncle.
      Rachel Smith/ Burgess sister Rhonda/Smith married Obadiah Edge and Ann Smith
      married a man by the last name of Price.

      I have some info. is this part of the family you have if not let me know who
      you are researching and I'll see if we match in any way. Some names of the
      children were,
      STEPHEN, GEORGE ROBERT, JOHN, CYNTHIA LEE, JENNIE JANE, JOHN FRANKLIN, MARY
      ELIZABETH, REBECCA , WILLIAM, FRANKLIN,
      CARAH, OBEDIENCE -twins

      In God's Service
      ah-nee-jah-lah-gee Guh-geh-yoo
      Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee
      Patricia Mills
      <A HREF="cherokeeindain@...">cherokeeindian77@...</A>

      Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Smith, Short, Lemons, Edge, Price,
      Burgess, Morrow, Mahan
      Location: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, N.C., S.C., Kentucky

    • SandraLyn66@cs.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
        My mother' s maiden name was Burgess- Wanda Faye Burgess b. 1947
        Her parents were James Alfred Burgess b. 7-2-1912 Cumberland Co, Tn died
        1975 and Lillie Dodson
        His father was James Harrison Burgess 7-11-1887 d. 1960 Cumberland Co. TN He
        married 1st Willie Owensby and 2nd Los Angeline Davis
        His father was Richard Layette Burgessb. 7-12-1867 cumberland co. died
        1-26-1927 he married Martha Ann Catherine Myers
        His dad was John Hiram Burgess b.june 1820 died 1905 he married 1st unknow
        Native Amercian 2nd Martha Grace Campbell
        His dad was Thomas William Burgess b. ? d. 1830 he was married to Mary Polly
        Hunter

        If we go back far enough I'm sure we are kin some where. Sandra (Ross)
        Shelton

      • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
          The Burgess Book starts out with:
          John Burgess Sr. Born 1784 Virginia married Sarah Smith born 1780 South
          Carolina
          She is the Sister of George Smith my g.g.g.g.Grandfather.
          The Burgess family and Smith family go a long ways back in history.
          Do you have the book?