Bellefonte

  • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
      What is in Bellefonte? I understood the only thing in Bellefonte was the old
      grave site and I was told it was in bad shape all the head stones have been
      broken down the grass hasn't been cut in years and the snakes have taken over. I
      s anyone living in Bellefonte?
      Do they have a sheriff?
      I have not been home for a long time so I have no clue but would love to
      know.
      I would love to see some pictures of the grave site?
      My Joseph P. Rodgers is buried at the Bellefonte Grave site according to the
      talk no proof.
      I contacted the Tennessee Valley Authority, for the information on some of
      the relocation of the people in the cemetery to see if my ancestor was one of
      the ones who had been removed but he wasn't it cost me but at least I know for
      sure he was not one of them who was removed.
      I would love to know for sure he is buried at this site or any grave site but
      just have not been able to locate the name to a grave site.

      In God's Service
      ah-nee-jah-lah-gee Guh-geh-yoo
      Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee
      Patricia Mills
      <A HREF="cherokeeindain@...">cherokeeindian77@...</A>

      Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Smith, Short, Lemons, Edge, Price,
      Burgess, Morrow, Mahan
      Location: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, N.C., S.C., Kentucky

    • Regina Pipes
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
        Have you checked this one out?

        Viewing records 1-1 of 1 Matches

        Surname Given Name Middle Initial Company Unit Rank -
        Induction Rank - Discharge Notes Allegiance
        Rodgers Joseph P. G 63 Georgia Infantry. Private
        Private Rodgers, James P. Confederate

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243107.2962286.4439099.1695382/D=egroupweb/S=17050408
        37:HM/A=1455157/R=0/SIG=14celrbvs/*http://www.qksrv.net/click-1247917-101241
        88?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.genealogy.com%2Fcpc%2Ftrial14-census.html%3Fpriority
        %3D5000203&persist=30>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243107.2962286.4439099.1695382/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1455157/rand=216534983>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • cherokeeindian77@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
          Yes I have a copy that I got from Washington DC Archives,
          The full records show that this

          Joseph P. Rodgers died.

          63 Georgia Infantry

          Report
          Where captured Kensaw Mt. Ga.
          of prisners of war who have died at camp Douglas Ill. from December 15 to
          December 31, 1864
          captured June 27 1864
          died Dec. 27, 1864
          buried at camp

          In God's Service
          ah-nee-jah-lah-gee Guh-geh-yoo
          Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee
          Patricia Mills
          <A HREF="cherokeeindain@...">cherokeeindian77@...</A>

          Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Smith, Short, Lemons, Edge, Price,
          Burgess, Morrow, Mahan
          Location: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, N.C., S.C., Kentucky

        • herbert gullatt
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
            In the Civil War there are 4 Joseph Rodgers listed in GA, 2 in AL and 2 in TN since some from Jackson Co. served in TN units, no middle initial.

            Clay Gullatt

          • pjacobs16@attbi.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
              Does your genealogy include a Melanie Brande Clay? Married to Thomas Robinson
              Born London, England?

              Patsy Robinson-Jacobs