RE: [jacksongenealogy] Genealogy

  • Regina Pipes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
      Bellefonte is still Bellefonte not Scottsboro. Bellefonte was once the
      county seat and now Scottsboro is but Bellefonte is still there with not
      much left of the old town.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
        My grandfather was a Burgess from Tn, what is your line?. Sandra

      • Peggy Powell
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2003
          Patricia,
          What burgess names have you got i'm doing burgess. you
          can e-mail me back at ptpowell@...
          --- cherokeeindian77@... wrote:
          > To whom it may concern:
          > I am researching the Rodgers family line if anyone
          > has any information on my
          > family please contact me at this genealogy web site.
          > My Rodgers family to my knowledge started back in
          > thw 1860 Joseph P. Rodgers
          > and his wife Emiley Elizabeth were the first record
          > of the Rodgers family of
          > my blood line to appear in Bellefonte Alabama, which
          > now is Scottsboro Alabama.
          > Later they had some children by the names of
          > Charles, John and Mary.
          > John and Charles married had children in Scottsboro,
          > if you are related to
          > this family or know of any information on my family
          > please contact me.
          >
          > In God's Service
          > ah-nee-jah-lah-gee Guh-geh-yoo
          > Goo-hoo-sdee Juhn-dee
          > Patricia Mills
          > <A

          HREF="cherokeeindain@...">cherokeeindian77@...</A>

          > Researching: Rodgers, Tyner, Sevier, Smith, Short,
          > Lemons, Edge, Price,
          > Burgess, Morrow, Mahan
          > Location: Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, N.C., S.C.,
          > Kentucky

          > removed]

          =====

          Researching: Powell,Edwards,Craze,Holloway,Shrader,Gray,Cameron,Howard,Burgess,Bates,

          Rousseau,Boyd,Ables,Parton,Gentle,Houk, Shoemaker,Austin, Hillis,Tipton.

          Would love any HELP!

          http://calendar.yahoo.com
        • GRANDPANO@JUNO.COM
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31, 2003
            The best way for her to jump start her research is to visit the Jackson
            Co. historical site near where the old phone company was. I belive it is
            called Jackson Hertiage Center on Houston. The phone there is 259--2122
            and see if Mr. Page is available. I think he is Carlos Page. He has tons
            of genealogy for local names. With the start the Library has Micro film
            of all the Jackson residents to 1930. By finding the head of household,
            all the children and family are listed. It give the whole neighborhood so
            she can each for other realities. It give the date and state of birth
            value of land, and several other useful things. There are several web
            sites for genealogy in Jackson Co. one of which I added above. There are
            several programs for genealogy and I suggest the least expensive one she
            can find. They will all work together with the GED exchange. I will be
            glad to help her any way I can but she is in a good place to find more
            than I can.
            Dad