Horatio Anderson

  • AustinART@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3 1:17 PM
      From Helen Austin

      I will try once more.

      I am searching for documentation concerning the early Jackson Co. AL
      families.

      In particular I need the folio of documents pertaining to the Southern CLaims
      Commission, Claim # 7532 which was filed by the widow of Horatio, named,
      Catharine Williams Anderson in 1878.

      When I looked at the microfich for Office #5, Report #8.

      I found a one page reference. It had:
      House of Representatives of Congress 6636, Received sundry papers dated
      4/25/1891 by Ge. E. Calvert at Court of Claims.

      According to the instructions on the microfiche, This is the case when the
      papers were sent to another office.

      So, in order to get the papers, I must write two letters and get replies.

      Catharine's claim was disallowed, but I want to read the many papers of
      depositions written by the neighbors and see the application for the claim
      which will contain the exact date and place of birth for Horatio. It may
      contain more vital information and certainly some interesting family
      information with names of children.

      PLEASE if you know a Jan or Merle MACKEY of Scottsboro or a Jim Anderson of
      Fredericksburg, VA, then please send me their email or phone numbers. I want
      to copy their records instead of writing to Washinton, DC.

      My personal email address is AustinART@...
      put in the subject line, Horatio Anderson, as I will delete the message if I
      do not recognize the sender and if the subject is too cryptic or cute.

      Thanks for the help.

    • Jewel Casey
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 20, 2003
        Helen, was wondering if you ever found the info you were looking for on
        Horatio Anderson. Horatio Anderson is my gggrandfather and I know very
        little about him.
        Thanks
        Jewel