Re: [jacksongenealogy] Anderson

  • AustinART@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2003
      Concerning Andersons of early Jackson Co, AL

      Thanks for the reply, Ray,

      Right now I only know for sure that Horatio Anderson was born 1804 Buncombe
      Co, NC. I believe the source will prove to be his papers from the Court of
      Claims, Southern Claims Commission for damages due to the Civil war, as
      claimed by his widow, Catharine Williams Anderson in 1878.

      I have not been able to get a copy of rhese papers yet. I only have the name
      of a Merle Mackey who wrote about Horatio's family in the Heritage Book of
      Jackison Co.

      Do you know how to get in touch with Merle by email or telephone?

      I have many census, and think that the George Anderson of Paint Rock area of
      the 1830 and 1840 census who was born between 1740-1750 is probably the
      father of James. Since his sons listed are only males of a certain age, It
      is hard to prove that Horatio is a son of George.

      However, if George turns out to be the George W. Anderson who sold land in
      Buncombe Co, NC in 1817 to his brother Wm., then it is quit e likely that
      this is the same GEorge. I have a lot more to prove. I do not know how
      many sons this Geo rge might have had.

      George W. Anderson was a son of James Ander son and Lydia Mallet who are
      profiled on the web pagewww.obcgs.com/anderson.html and also in the Buncombe
      Co. Heritage Book Vol 1.

      So, I need to find out more about the Andersons of the 1830 and 1840 census
      of Jackson Co, AL. I have the citations, but need to know the names of their
      children and wives????

      Helen

      email to AustinART@...