RE: [jacksongenealogy] Re:Helen Bailey

  • Bill Bullard
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2003
      Helen, did any of the Bailey family travel west to Western Oklahoma and the
      Texas Panhandle?

      Bill Bullard

      Message 2 of 11 , May 3, 2003
        RE: Williams/Anderson families of Jackson Co, AL

        On the 1840 US Census, next door to George Anderson, who has 1 male 10-15, 2
        malese 15-20, 1 male 70-80 (George); 2 Females 5-10, 1 f 10-15, 1 f 20-30, 3
        f 30-40.

        IS a Philip WILLIAMS. Do you know anything about this Philip???

        I thought he might be a father to Catharine who would have been born 1823 in
        Lincoln Co. TN.

        However, there is this: since Catharine L. williams was age 32 when she
        married to Horatio, who was age 51 when they married, then perhaps Catharine
        was a widow and Williams was her married name?

        Is there a Mr. Williams in your files who died between 1852 and 1855?

        from Helen Austin

      • Helen Bailey
        Message 3 of 11 , May 3, 2003
          Bill,

          Bailey is my married name and as I have just really
          started this I don't have too much on that side yet.
          My Aunt had done some work on my side of the family so
          I had a head start on that one. Also getting my
          husband to help by giving information is like having
          root canal work done on your mouth. I think though
          that most of his relations stayed here in Alabama. If
          I find out differently along the way I will let you
          know.

          Helen Bailey

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • Bill Bullard
          Message 4 of 11 , May 3, 2003
            I understand the root canal work. If you run across something keep me in
            mind.

            My wife had Crenshaw ancestors in Madison Co AL in 1850 near some of my
            Branum line that married into the Maples Family.

            In Jackson Co AL I had Garland, Chapman, and Riley ancestors.

            Good luck researching and enjoy the journey!

            Bill Bullard
            Bailey is my married name and as I have just really
            started this I don't have too much on that side yet.
            My Aunt had done some work on my side of the family so
            I had a head start on that one. Also getting my
            husband to help by giving information is like having
            root canal work done on your mouth. I think though
            that most of his relations stayed here in Alabama. If
            I find out differently along the way I will let you
            know.

            Helen Bailey

            --- Bill Bullard <bjbullard@...> wrote:
            > Helen, did any of the Bailey family travel west to
            > Western Oklahoma and the
            > Texas Panhandle?
            >
            > Bill Bullard

            http://search.yahoo.com