Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Justice,Elliott, Hardin, Mays, White

  • Helen Bailey
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1 4:57 PM
      The name doesn't ring a bell with me. My Williams's
      are all from Jackson, Dekalb, and Marshall county
      area. Jackson County is Jesse Guin Williams who
      married Emma J. Hope They live on Sand Mountain. They
      had 12 children but none named Catharie.

      Helen

      --- AustinART@... wrote:
      > The second wife of Horatio Anderson was Catherine A.
      > williams who he married
      > 10 Feb 1854. I do not know the name of her father,
      > so I cannot give you any
      > male first names for that Williams family. Perhaps
      > they were living nearby
      > in Estillfork, Jackson Co, AL. Catharine was age 34
      > b TN on the 1870 census.
      >
      > Have any clues for me?
      >
      > tHANKS, hELEN
      >
      > email to AustinART@...

      Austin-Brooks-Ferguson-Henderson-Mahaffey-Woodard-Aday
      > in AL,SC,NC,TN,VA

      Cook-Gerstner-Bepler-Trenary-Petrie-Barclay-Drury-Poorman-Werner-Barr
      > in
      > PA,VA

      > removed]

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Bill Bullard
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1 5:39 PM
        Helen, did any of the Bailey family travel west to Western Oklahoma and the
        Texas Panhandle?

        Bill Bullard

        --- AustinART@... wrote:
        > The second wife of Horatio Anderson was Catherine A.
        > williams who he married
        > 10 Feb 1854. I do not know the name of her father,
        > so I cannot give you any
        > male first names for that Williams family. Perhaps
        > they were living nearby
        > in Estillfork, Jackson Co, AL. Catharine was age 34
        > b TN on the 1870 census.
        >
        > Have any clues for me?
        >
        > tHANKS, hELEN
        >
        > email to AustinART@...

        Austin-Brooks-Ferguson-Henderson-Mahaffey-Woodard-Aday
        > in AL,SC,NC,TN,VA

        Cook-Gerstner-Bepler-Trenary-Petrie-Barclay-Drury-Poorman-Werner-Barr
        > in
        > PA,VA

        > removed]

        http://search.yahoo.com

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • AustinART@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , May 3 12:39 PM
          RE: Williams/Anderson families of Jackson Co, AL

          On the 1840 US Census, next door to George Anderson, who has 1 male 10-15, 2
          malese 15-20, 1 male 70-80 (George); 2 Females 5-10, 1 f 10-15, 1 f 20-30, 3
          f 30-40.

          IS a Philip WILLIAMS. Do you know anything about this Philip???

          I thought he might be a father to Catharine who would have been born 1823 in
          Lincoln Co. TN.

          However, there is this: since Catharine L. williams was age 32 when she
          married to Horatio, who was age 51 when they married, then perhaps Catharine
          was a widow and Williams was her married name?

          Is there a Mr. Williams in your files who died between 1852 and 1855?

          from Helen Austin

        • Helen Bailey
          Message 4 of 11 , May 3 4:20 PM
            Bill,

            Bailey is my married name and as I have just really
            started this I don't have too much on that side yet.
            My Aunt had done some work on my side of the family so
            I had a head start on that one. Also getting my
            husband to help by giving information is like having
            root canal work done on your mouth. I think though
            that most of his relations stayed here in Alabama. If
            I find out differently along the way I will let you
            know.

            Helen Bailey

            http://search.yahoo.com
          • Bill Bullard
            Message 5 of 11 , May 3 4:31 PM
              I understand the root canal work. If you run across something keep me in
              mind.

              My wife had Crenshaw ancestors in Madison Co AL in 1850 near some of my
              Branum line that married into the Maples Family.

              In Jackson Co AL I had Garland, Chapman, and Riley ancestors.

              Good luck researching and enjoy the journey!

              Bill Bullard
              Bailey is my married name and as I have just really
              started this I don't have too much on that side yet.
              My Aunt had done some work on my side of the family so
              I had a head start on that one. Also getting my
              husband to help by giving information is like having
              root canal work done on your mouth. I think though
              that most of his relations stayed here in Alabama. If
              I find out differently along the way I will let you
              know.

              Helen Bailey

              --- Bill Bullard <bjbullard@...> wrote:
              > Helen, did any of the Bailey family travel west to
              > Western Oklahoma and the
              > Texas Panhandle?
              >
              > Bill Bullard

              http://search.yahoo.com