Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Justice,Elliott, Hardin, Mays, White

  • AustinART@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2003
      The second wife of Horatio Anderson was Catherine A. williams who he married
      10 Feb 1854. I do not know the name of her father, so I cannot give you any
      male first names for that Williams family. Perhaps they were living nearby
      in Estillfork, Jackson Co, AL. Catharine was age 34 b TN on the 1870 census.

      Have any clues for me?

      tHANKS, hELEN

      email to AustinART@...
      Austin-Brooks-Ferguson-Henderson-Mahaffey-Woodard-Aday in AL,SC,NC,TN,VA
      Cook-Gerstner-Bepler-Trenary-Petrie-Barclay-Drury-Poorman-Werner-Barr in
      PA,VA

    • Helen Bailey
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2003
        The name doesn't ring a bell with me. My Williams's
        are all from Jackson, Dekalb, and Marshall county
        area. Jackson County is Jesse Guin Williams who
        married Emma J. Hope They live on Sand Mountain. They
        had 12 children but none named Catharie.

        Helen

        --- AustinART@... wrote:
        > The second wife of Horatio Anderson was Catherine A.
        > williams who he married
        > 10 Feb 1854. I do not know the name of her father,
        > so I cannot give you any
        > male first names for that Williams family. Perhaps
        > they were living nearby
        > in Estillfork, Jackson Co, AL. Catharine was age 34
        > b TN on the 1870 census.
        >
        > Have any clues for me?
        >
        > tHANKS, hELEN
        >
        > email to AustinART@...

        Austin-Brooks-Ferguson-Henderson-Mahaffey-Woodard-Aday
        > in AL,SC,NC,TN,VA

        Cook-Gerstner-Bepler-Trenary-Petrie-Barclay-Drury-Poorman-Werner-Barr
        > in
        > PA,VA

        > removed]

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • Bill Bullard
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2003
          Helen, did any of the Bailey family travel west to Western Oklahoma and the
          Texas Panhandle?

          Bill Bullard

          --- AustinART@... wrote:
          > The second wife of Horatio Anderson was Catherine A.
          > williams who he married
          > 10 Feb 1854. I do not know the name of her father,
          > so I cannot give you any
          > male first names for that Williams family. Perhaps
          > they were living nearby
          > in Estillfork, Jackson Co, AL. Catharine was age 34
          > b TN on the 1870 census.
          >
          > Have any clues for me?
          >
          > tHANKS, hELEN
          >
          > email to AustinART@...

          Austin-Brooks-Ferguson-Henderson-Mahaffey-Woodard-Aday
          > in AL,SC,NC,TN,VA

          Cook-Gerstner-Bepler-Trenary-Petrie-Barclay-Drury-Poorman-Werner-Barr
          > in
          > PA,VA

          > removed]

          http://search.yahoo.com

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • AustinART@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , May 3, 2003
            RE: Williams/Anderson families of Jackson Co, AL

            On the 1840 US Census, next door to George Anderson, who has 1 male 10-15, 2
            malese 15-20, 1 male 70-80 (George); 2 Females 5-10, 1 f 10-15, 1 f 20-30, 3
            f 30-40.

            IS a Philip WILLIAMS. Do you know anything about this Philip???

            I thought he might be a father to Catharine who would have been born 1823 in
            Lincoln Co. TN.

            However, there is this: since Catharine L. williams was age 32 when she
            married to Horatio, who was age 51 when they married, then perhaps Catharine
            was a widow and Williams was her married name?

            Is there a Mr. Williams in your files who died between 1852 and 1855?

            from Helen Austin

          • Helen Bailey
            Message 5 of 11 , May 3, 2003
              Bill,

              Bailey is my married name and as I have just really
              started this I don't have too much on that side yet.
              My Aunt had done some work on my side of the family so
              I had a head start on that one. Also getting my
              husband to help by giving information is like having
              root canal work done on your mouth. I think though
              that most of his relations stayed here in Alabama. If
              I find out differently along the way I will let you
              know.

              Helen Bailey

              http://search.yahoo.com
            • Bill Bullard
              Message 6 of 11 , May 3, 2003
                I understand the root canal work. If you run across something keep me in
                mind.

                My wife had Crenshaw ancestors in Madison Co AL in 1850 near some of my
                Branum line that married into the Maples Family.

                In Jackson Co AL I had Garland, Chapman, and Riley ancestors.

                Good luck researching and enjoy the journey!

                Bill Bullard
                Bailey is my married name and as I have just really
                started this I don't have too much on that side yet.
                My Aunt had done some work on my side of the family so
                I had a head start on that one. Also getting my
                husband to help by giving information is like having
                root canal work done on your mouth. I think though
                that most of his relations stayed here in Alabama. If
                I find out differently along the way I will let you
                know.

                Helen Bailey

                --- Bill Bullard <bjbullard@...> wrote:
                > Helen, did any of the Bailey family travel west to
                > Western Oklahoma and the
                > Texas Panhandle?
                >
                > Bill Bullard

                http://search.yahoo.com