Re: [jacksongenealogy] Justice,Elliott, Hardin, Mays, White

  • RAYMOND SHIRLEY SR.
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1 11:32 AM
      I am related to Robert H. Anderson, b. 10th Sept., 1797 in NC. He married
      Lavonia (Unknown) before 1830. Lavonia was born 5th Sept. 1813. Robert
      bought 81 2/10 acres of land in Jackson County on 1st June, 1831. The site
      of his land was later included within the boundary of Marshall County, when
      that county was formed in 1836. Robert and Lavonia had one daughter (name
      unknown) before the 1830 census. Other children were Mary Viola b. 13th
      Nov., 1832, Helen M b. 1836, Emily b. before 1840 ( died at age 3), and
      Edwin Mack b. 1840 (killed during the Civil War).
      Lavonia died 23rd December, 1845 in Marshall County and Robert married
      Milissa Dunn.
      Robert and Lavonia are buried in Anderson-Ables Cemetery, Marshall County,
      AL. There were a host of Andersons living in Marshall and Jackson
      Counties, AL and Marion County, TN in the early 1800s. I haven't made the
      connections but have a feeling they were all related. My sources are:
      Jackson County, AL Chronicles, Vol. 3, p 10; Land Office, Huntsville, AL,
      Certificate No. 2896; Jackson County, AL 1830 census, Marshall County, AL
      1840 census, p 103; Marshall County, AL 1850 census, p 231; 1860 Mortality
      Schedule for Alabama and tombstone, Anderson-Ables Cemetery, Marshall
      County, AL.
      I hope this helps get you started. I would be interested in a copy of any
      Anderson documentation you may have.
      Ray Shirley

      Andersons.

      > Ralph Jackson <rajac2@...> wrote:Have some information on Justice
      Family in Jackson Co. AL, 1830 to 1850.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • AustinART@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1 2:45 PM
        The second wife of Horatio Anderson was Catherine A. williams who he married
        10 Feb 1854. I do not know the name of her father, so I cannot give you any
        male first names for that Williams family. Perhaps they were living nearby
        in Estillfork, Jackson Co, AL. Catharine was age 34 b TN on the 1870 census.

        Have any clues for me?

        tHANKS, hELEN

        email to AustinART@...
        Austin-Brooks-Ferguson-Henderson-Mahaffey-Woodard-Aday in AL,SC,NC,TN,VA
        Cook-Gerstner-Bepler-Trenary-Petrie-Barclay-Drury-Poorman-Werner-Barr in
        PA,VA

      • Helen Bailey
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1 4:57 PM
          The name doesn't ring a bell with me. My Williams's
          are all from Jackson, Dekalb, and Marshall county
          area. Jackson County is Jesse Guin Williams who
          married Emma J. Hope They live on Sand Mountain. They
          had 12 children but none named Catharie.

          Helen

          --- AustinART@... wrote:
          > The second wife of Horatio Anderson was Catherine A.
          > williams who he married
          > 10 Feb 1854. I do not know the name of her father,
          > so I cannot give you any
          > male first names for that Williams family. Perhaps
          > they were living nearby
          > in Estillfork, Jackson Co, AL. Catharine was age 34
          > b TN on the 1870 census.
          >
          > Have any clues for me?
          >
          > tHANKS, hELEN
          >
          > email to AustinART@...

          Austin-Brooks-Ferguson-Henderson-Mahaffey-Woodard-Aday
          > in AL,SC,NC,TN,VA

          Cook-Gerstner-Bepler-Trenary-Petrie-Barclay-Drury-Poorman-Werner-Barr
          > in
          > PA,VA

          > removed]

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • Bill Bullard
          Message 4 of 11 , May 1 5:39 PM
            Helen, did any of the Bailey family travel west to Western Oklahoma and the
            Texas Panhandle?

            Bill Bullard

            --- AustinART@... wrote:
            > The second wife of Horatio Anderson was Catherine A.
            > williams who he married
            > 10 Feb 1854. I do not know the name of her father,
            > so I cannot give you any
            > male first names for that Williams family. Perhaps
            > they were living nearby
            > in Estillfork, Jackson Co, AL. Catharine was age 34
            > b TN on the 1870 census.
            >
            > Have any clues for me?
            >
            > tHANKS, hELEN
            >
            > email to AustinART@...

            Austin-Brooks-Ferguson-Henderson-Mahaffey-Woodard-Aday
            > in AL,SC,NC,TN,VA

            Cook-Gerstner-Bepler-Trenary-Petrie-Barclay-Drury-Poorman-Werner-Barr
            > in
            > PA,VA

            > removed]

            http://search.yahoo.com

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • AustinART@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , May 3 12:39 PM
              RE: Williams/Anderson families of Jackson Co, AL

              On the 1840 US Census, next door to George Anderson, who has 1 male 10-15, 2
              malese 15-20, 1 male 70-80 (George); 2 Females 5-10, 1 f 10-15, 1 f 20-30, 3
              f 30-40.

              IS a Philip WILLIAMS. Do you know anything about this Philip???

              I thought he might be a father to Catharine who would have been born 1823 in
              Lincoln Co. TN.

              However, there is this: since Catharine L. williams was age 32 when she
              married to Horatio, who was age 51 when they married, then perhaps Catharine
              was a widow and Williams was her married name?

              Is there a Mr. Williams in your files who died between 1852 and 1855?

              from Helen Austin

            • Helen Bailey
              Message 6 of 11 , May 3 4:20 PM
                Bill,

                Bailey is my married name and as I have just really
                started this I don't have too much on that side yet.
                My Aunt had done some work on my side of the family so
                I had a head start on that one. Also getting my
                husband to help by giving information is like having
                root canal work done on your mouth. I think though
                that most of his relations stayed here in Alabama. If
                I find out differently along the way I will let you
                know.

                Helen Bailey

                http://search.yahoo.com
              • Bill Bullard
                Message 7 of 11 , May 3 4:31 PM
                  I understand the root canal work. If you run across something keep me in
                  mind.

                  My wife had Crenshaw ancestors in Madison Co AL in 1850 near some of my
                  Branum line that married into the Maples Family.

                  In Jackson Co AL I had Garland, Chapman, and Riley ancestors.

                  Good luck researching and enjoy the journey!

                  Bill Bullard
                  Bailey is my married name and as I have just really
                  started this I don't have too much on that side yet.
                  My Aunt had done some work on my side of the family so
                  I had a head start on that one. Also getting my
                  husband to help by giving information is like having
                  root canal work done on your mouth. I think though
                  that most of his relations stayed here in Alabama. If
                  I find out differently along the way I will let you
                  know.

                  Helen Bailey

                  --- Bill Bullard <bjbullard@...> wrote:
                  > Helen, did any of the Bailey family travel west to
                  > Western Oklahoma and the
                  > Texas Panhandle?
                  >
                  > Bill Bullard

                  http://search.yahoo.com