Re: [jacksongenealogy] WALLACE, IRBY, CAMERON, MITCHELL, HAMILTON

  • Sylvia King
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2003
      At this point I have very little information regarding the Cameron line.
      The children of Mary (Wallace ) Cameron received a portion of the estate of
      M. Richard Wallace when it was distributed in 1900-1903. It is possible
      that there is a connection. Do you have the names of Daniel Cameron's
      children>
      Sylvia
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2003
        I believe my HAMILTONs (or HAMBLETONs) were in Jackson County in 1830.
        Abraham HAMBLETON married Ellen BERRY, probably in eastern Tennessee before
        1827. They had two sons, James and Thomas (who always stated they had been
        born in Tennessee) in 1827 and 1829. They moved to Jackson County in time
        for the 1830 census. A daughter, Caroline might have been born in Jackson
        County in 1832. The HAMBLETONs moved to Green County, Missouri, prior to
        1834.

        Benjamin HAMBLETON, Abraham's brother, lived a few houses away from Abraham
        in the 1830 census. He is living with an extended family that suggests that
        he while he is head of the family his or his wife's parents or a sibling's
        family is living with him. I believe that at this time Benjamin has been
        widowed as the two children that he did have always claimed their mother was
        from a different state than the woman he was married to at the time of his
        death in Barry County, Missouri. His second wife's name first name was
        Rebecca.

        Harry

        Harry S. Hamilton
        genseeker06@...