Re: [jacksongenealogy] WALLACE, IRBY, CAMERON, MITCHELL, HAMILTON

  • MaryTom482@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2003
      I am very interested in your Cameron line. I am seeking information on Daniel
      Cameron b 1794 in Kentuckt and d Nov 1, 1846 in Jackson Co Alabama. Many
      thanks for information you can share. Mary Willis Drew

    • Sylvia King
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28, 2003
        At this point I have very little information regarding the Cameron line.
        The children of Mary (Wallace ) Cameron received a portion of the estate of
        M. Richard Wallace when it was distributed in 1900-1903. It is possible
        that there is a connection. Do you have the names of Daniel Cameron's
        children>
        Sylvia
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2003
          I believe my HAMILTONs (or HAMBLETONs) were in Jackson County in 1830.
          Abraham HAMBLETON married Ellen BERRY, probably in eastern Tennessee before
          1827. They had two sons, James and Thomas (who always stated they had been
          born in Tennessee) in 1827 and 1829. They moved to Jackson County in time
          for the 1830 census. A daughter, Caroline might have been born in Jackson
          County in 1832. The HAMBLETONs moved to Green County, Missouri, prior to
          1834.

          Benjamin HAMBLETON, Abraham's brother, lived a few houses away from Abraham
          in the 1830 census. He is living with an extended family that suggests that
          he while he is head of the family his or his wife's parents or a sibling's
          family is living with him. I believe that at this time Benjamin has been
          widowed as the two children that he did have always claimed their mother was
          from a different state than the woman he was married to at the time of his
          death in Barry County, Missouri. His second wife's name first name was
          Rebecca.

          Harry

          Harry S. Hamilton
          genseeker06@...