Justice,Elliott, Hardin, Mays, White

  • AustinART@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 27, 2003
      Other family names besides ANDERSON that I am researching in Jackson Co, AL
      are:

      JUSTICE, MAY, MAYS, WHITE, HARDIN, ELLIOTT, WILLIAMS

      Do any of you have data on these families of early Jackson Co, AL of the 19th
      Century?

      Helen Austin
      of Decatur

      email to AustinART@...

    • Ralph Jackson
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 28, 2003
        Have some information on Justice Family in Jackson Co. AL, 1830 to 1850.
        Does John Justice or Eleanor Justice ring a bell?

        > Other family names besides ANDERSON that I am researching in Jackson Co,
        AL
        > are:
        >
        > JUSTICE, MAY, MAYS, WHITE, HARDIN, ELLIOTT, WILLIAMS
        >
        > Do any of you have data on these families of early Jackson Co, AL of the
        19th
        > Century?
        >
        > Helen Austin
        > of Decatur
        >
        > email to AustinART@...

      • Helen
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 30, 2003
          Hi Helen,

          Can you give me some of the Williams family you are researching in
          Jackson County. I was a Williams before I married and my paternal
          line if from there. I may have a little information, however the
          Williams name up in that area is about like Smith Jones and Brown
          everywhere else. We decend from Jesse Guin Williams and Emma
          Josephine Hope. If theses names ring a bell let me know we may be
          able to help each other

          Helen (Williams) Bailey

          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, AustinART@a... wrote:
          > Other family names besides ANDERSON that I am researching in
          Jackson Co, AL
          > are:
          >
          > JUSTICE, MAY, MAYS, WHITE, HARDIN, ELLIOTT, WILLIAMS
          >
          > Do any of you have data on these families of early Jackson Co, AL
          of the 19th
          > Century?
          >
          > Helen Austin
          > of Decatur
          >
          > email to AustinART@a...

        • charlotte landers
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 30, 2003
            Which Andersons are you researching? I have several relatives that were Andersons.

            Ralph Jackson <rajac2@...> wrote:Have some information on Justice Family in Jackson Co. AL, 1830 to 1850.
            Does John Justice or Eleanor Justice ring a bell?

            > Other family names besides ANDERSON that I am researching in Jackson Co,
            AL
            > are:
            >
            > JUSTICE, MAY, MAYS, WHITE, HARDIN, ELLIOTT, WILLIAMS
            >
            > Do any of you have data on these families of early Jackson Co, AL of the
            19th
            > Century?
            >
            > Helen Austin
            > of Decatur
            >
            > email to AustinART@...

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          • RAYMOND SHIRLEY SR.
            Message 5 of 11 , May 1, 2003
              I am related to Robert H. Anderson, b. 10th Sept., 1797 in NC. He married
              Lavonia (Unknown) before 1830. Lavonia was born 5th Sept. 1813. Robert
              bought 81 2/10 acres of land in Jackson County on 1st June, 1831. The site
              of his land was later included within the boundary of Marshall County, when
              that county was formed in 1836. Robert and Lavonia had one daughter (name
              unknown) before the 1830 census. Other children were Mary Viola b. 13th
              Nov., 1832, Helen M b. 1836, Emily b. before 1840 ( died at age 3), and
              Edwin Mack b. 1840 (killed during the Civil War).
              Lavonia died 23rd December, 1845 in Marshall County and Robert married
              Milissa Dunn.
              Robert and Lavonia are buried in Anderson-Ables Cemetery, Marshall County,
              AL. There were a host of Andersons living in Marshall and Jackson
              Counties, AL and Marion County, TN in the early 1800s. I haven't made the
              connections but have a feeling they were all related. My sources are:
              Jackson County, AL Chronicles, Vol. 3, p 10; Land Office, Huntsville, AL,
              Certificate No. 2896; Jackson County, AL 1830 census, Marshall County, AL
              1840 census, p 103; Marshall County, AL 1850 census, p 231; 1860 Mortality
              Schedule for Alabama and tombstone, Anderson-Ables Cemetery, Marshall
              County, AL.
              I hope this helps get you started. I would be interested in a copy of any
              Anderson documentation you may have.
              Ray Shirley

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Message 6 of 11 , May 1, 2003
                The second wife of Horatio Anderson was Catherine A. williams who he married
                10 Feb 1854. I do not know the name of her father, so I cannot give you any
                male first names for that Williams family. Perhaps they were living nearby
                in Estillfork, Jackson Co, AL. Catharine was age 34 b TN on the 1870 census.

                Have any clues for me?

                tHANKS, hELEN

                email to AustinART@...
                Austin-Brooks-Ferguson-Henderson-Mahaffey-Woodard-Aday in AL,SC,NC,TN,VA
                Cook-Gerstner-Bepler-Trenary-Petrie-Barclay-Drury-Poorman-Werner-Barr in
                PA,VA

              • Helen Bailey
                Message 7 of 11 , May 1, 2003
                  The name doesn't ring a bell with me. My Williams's
                  are all from Jackson, Dekalb, and Marshall county
                  area. Jackson County is Jesse Guin Williams who
                  married Emma J. Hope They live on Sand Mountain. They
                  had 12 children but none named Catharie.

                  Helen

                  --- AustinART@... wrote:
                  > The second wife of Horatio Anderson was Catherine A.
                  > williams who he married
                  > 10 Feb 1854. I do not know the name of her father,
                  > so I cannot give you any
                  > male first names for that Williams family. Perhaps
                  > they were living nearby
                  > in Estillfork, Jackson Co, AL. Catharine was age 34
                  > b TN on the 1870 census.
                  >
                  > Have any clues for me?
                  >
                  > tHANKS, hELEN
                  >
                  > email to AustinART@...

                  Austin-Brooks-Ferguson-Henderson-Mahaffey-Woodard-Aday
                  > in AL,SC,NC,TN,VA

                  Cook-Gerstner-Bepler-Trenary-Petrie-Barclay-Drury-Poorman-Werner-Barr
                  > in
                  > PA,VA

                  > removed]

                  http://search.yahoo.com
                • Bill Bullard
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 1, 2003
                    Helen, did any of the Bailey family travel west to Western Oklahoma and the
                    Texas Panhandle?

                    Bill Bullard

                    --- AustinART@... wrote:
                    > The second wife of Horatio Anderson was Catherine A.
                    > williams who he married
                    > 10 Feb 1854. I do not know the name of her father,
                    > so I cannot give you any
                    > male first names for that Williams family. Perhaps
                    > they were living nearby
                    > in Estillfork, Jackson Co, AL. Catharine was age 34
                    > b TN on the 1870 census.
                    >
                    > Have any clues for me?
                    >
                    > tHANKS, hELEN
                    >
                    > email to AustinART@...

                    Austin-Brooks-Ferguson-Henderson-Mahaffey-Woodard-Aday
                    > in AL,SC,NC,TN,VA

                    Cook-Gerstner-Bepler-Trenary-Petrie-Barclay-Drury-Poorman-Werner-Barr
                    > in
                    > PA,VA

                    > removed]

                    http://search.yahoo.com

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  • AustinART@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 3, 2003
                      RE: Williams/Anderson families of Jackson Co, AL

                      On the 1840 US Census, next door to George Anderson, who has 1 male 10-15, 2
                      malese 15-20, 1 male 70-80 (George); 2 Females 5-10, 1 f 10-15, 1 f 20-30, 3
                      f 30-40.

                      IS a Philip WILLIAMS. Do you know anything about this Philip???

                      I thought he might be a father to Catharine who would have been born 1823 in
                      Lincoln Co. TN.

                      However, there is this: since Catharine L. williams was age 32 when she
                      married to Horatio, who was age 51 when they married, then perhaps Catharine
                      was a widow and Williams was her married name?

                      Is there a Mr. Williams in your files who died between 1852 and 1855?

                      from Helen Austin

                    • Helen Bailey
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 3, 2003
                        Bill,

                        Bailey is my married name and as I have just really
                        started this I don't have too much on that side yet.
                        My Aunt had done some work on my side of the family so
                        I had a head start on that one. Also getting my
                        husband to help by giving information is like having
                        root canal work done on your mouth. I think though
                        that most of his relations stayed here in Alabama. If
                        I find out differently along the way I will let you
                        know.

                        Helen Bailey

                        http://search.yahoo.com
                      • Bill Bullard
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 3, 2003
                          I understand the root canal work. If you run across something keep me in
                          mind.

                          My wife had Crenshaw ancestors in Madison Co AL in 1850 near some of my
                          Branum line that married into the Maples Family.

                          In Jackson Co AL I had Garland, Chapman, and Riley ancestors.

                          Good luck researching and enjoy the journey!

                          Bill Bullard
                          Bailey is my married name and as I have just really
                          started this I don't have too much on that side yet.
                          My Aunt had done some work on my side of the family so
                          I had a head start on that one. Also getting my
                          husband to help by giving information is like having
                          root canal work done on your mouth. I think though
                          that most of his relations stayed here in Alabama. If
                          I find out differently along the way I will let you
                          know.

                          Helen Bailey

                          --- Bill Bullard <bjbullard@...> wrote:
                          > Helen, did any of the Bailey family travel west to
                          > Western Oklahoma and the
                          > Texas Panhandle?
                          >
                          > Bill Bullard

                          http://search.yahoo.com