Re: [jacksongenealogy] gullatte/sharp ake/steeley

  • Kim Jackson
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4, 2003
      Charlotte,
      You can contact me at kim_mikejackson@.... I can fill you in on the secret.

      Kim
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: charlotte landers
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 2:40 AM
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] gullatte/sharp ake/steeley

      i am looking for info on my gr.-gr.-grandmother Milinda i dont have
      a maiden name on her. born 12-3-1864. married an Ake i believe his
      first name was Price. Second husband was a Steeley first name
      unknown.
      Also looking for info on Mary Emma Gullatte born 1884 married J.W.
      (will) Sharp b.1878 married 11-12-1898 by M.Hill minister in
      Hollywood Al.
      still new at this thank you for any help. please email me
      thanks charlotte

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • charlotte landers
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5, 2003
        i am sorry but this is not the same family. i wish you luck and should i find out different i will be sure to let you know or if i run across any info you can use sorry charlotte

        sromanek <sromanek@...> wrote:This is just TOO strange. I have a Malinda Johnston, who was my great grandmother. She was the daughter of W.T. Johnston and Martha Ellen Shrader. She married first William Washington Kirksey, and then I was told possibly a Winchester. I have found a Malinda who was married to a John Winchester in 1900 in Fackler Township, Jackson County. My Malinda is born 12-8-1964. See what I mean. The date is SO close. I wonder if we are talking about the same person. If so, good luck honey. I have looked for her for 5 years now and have not found where she is buried. The archives has no death certificate for her. Paid good money to find that out. She is the mother of my Granny, Lillie Mae Kirksey Dover. I have only that mine died March of 1913 and in Wannville is what the note said. Granny grew up without her mother was what I was told. There was an ugly divorce. The census record though shows two children in the house who match closely to the birth date of my Granny and her brother James Washington Kirksey. I looked back at some of the messages on this subject. I see two birth dates for yours. I see 1861 and 1864. Can I ask which one is the correct one please? It would be mind blowing if this is the same person. I am in the process of searching for mine in the 1910 census not. It is a LONG tedious task. That year is not indexed on Ancestry at all, and that is what I have. It is a page by page search.

        Sharon Dover Romanek
        Fax:( 305)675-8045.
        e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...
        sromanek@...

        Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover,Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, DeMers, Murphy, Allen

        It's 2003 ... Do you know where your G-G-Grandparents are?
        i am looking for info on my gr.-gr.-grandmother Milinda i dont have
        a maiden name on her. born 12-3-1864. married an Ake i believe his
        first name was Price. Second husband was a Steeley first name
        unknown.
        Also looking for info on Mary Emma Gullatte born 1884 married J.W.
        (will) Sharp b.1878 married 11-12-1898 by M.Hill minister in
        Hollywood Al.
        still new at this thank you for any help. please email me
        thanks charlotte

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        --- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Internet Of Salisbury, Inc.]

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT