gullatte/sharp ake/steeley

  • charlotte landers
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 4, 2003
      i am looking for info on my gr.-gr.-grandmother Milinda i dont have
      a maiden name on her. born 12-3-1864. married an Ake i believe his
      first name was Price. Second husband was a Steeley first name
      unknown.
      Also looking for info on Mary Emma Gullatte born 1884 married J.W.
      (will) Sharp b.1878 married 11-12-1898 by M.Hill minister in
      Hollywood Al.
      still new at this thank you for any help. please email me
      thanks charlotte
    • herbert gullatt
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 4, 2003
        Hi Charlotte:

        1. From 1930 census: (1) Ake, Malinda, Head, 56, Widow b. TN parents b. US.; (2) Christian, Lousia, daughter, 34, Widow, b. TN parents b. TN; (3) Ake, Lillian M. daughter 20, single, b. TN parents b. TN; (4) Ake, Raina? daughter 18 single, b. TN parents b. TN; (5) Anderson, David 15 grandson, b. TN, parents b. TN; (6) Anderson, Lucinda? 12 granddaughter, b. TN, parents b. TN; (7) Anderson, Lula 10 granddaughter, b. TN, parents, b. TN; (8), Bessie, 08 granddaughter, b. TN, parents b. TN.

        2. From a family tree: mother, Malinda Chavers, father not listed, daughter Lousia Chavers b. 1885 m. Andrew Anderson 03 Sep 1900 Franklin Co TN. Andrew must have died between 1919 and 1921 as Lula Anderson is listed as 10 and Bessie Christian as 8. Lousia's 2nd husband had died by 1930 as well. Still no answer as to what Milanda/Malinda's maiden name was or who the Steeley was. .

        3. a. Erma Gullatt and Mary Emma Gullatt who each married a Sharp.. You say their father's name was Jeff. Do you know if Erma's full name was Sarah Erma? I have a Sarah E. Gullatt b. 1879 who was the daughter of Thomas Jefferson Gullatt Jr.b. 1850 d. 06 Oct 1914 and his first wife A.E. (unknown)b. 1854 Gullatt. Mary Emma and James William Sharp appear on the 1900 and 1930 census. 1900 gives their birth dates as Mary Emma's Sep 1882 and James W.'s Mar 1879. both b. AL parents b. AL The only thing wrong with that is A. E. (unknown) Gullatt the first wife was b. in TX, however she may have died before Mary Emma was old enogh to know where her mother was born..

        b. The other possibility is Jefferson D.(Bud) Gullatt b.24 Feb 1860 d. 20 Nov 1895 my great-uncle and his wife Ida Craven Gullatt, however I know of no children they had..

        4. a. Thomas Jefferson Gullatt lived in the Hollywood area of Jackson Co. as did the Sharps. Jefferson D. Gullatt lived in the Dutton area on the other side of the TN river.

        b. Thomas Jefferson Gullatt on the 1900 census lists: wife Mary A. b. 1858, and daughters Cintha b. Oct 1882 and Luella b. 1884 but these could be step-daughters don't know.

        7. Anyway you descend from one of these, twin brothers, James Madison and Thomas Jefferson Gullatt b. 15 Apr 1820 Jackson Co. AL Parents: John Gullatt b. abt 1771/73 Truro Parish Fairfax Co. VA d. Aug/Sep 1824 Jackson Co. AL, and Manerva Catherine Yancy Mitchell Gullatt b. 1775/77 VA d. 1861 Bellefonte, Jackson Co. AL (James Madison was my Great-grandfather).

        6. Go to the gullatt message board on other info on the Gullatt's back to 1711.

        Hope someone in Jackson County can come up with some better answers on Erma and Mary Emma's parents. If you have a copy of Mary Emma and James W. Sharp's wedding certificate are there any other names on it other than the minister M. Hill?

        Clay Gullatt, Mount Airy, NC

      • herbert gullatt
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 4, 2003
          Charlotte:

          That should be see the gullatt message board on rootsweb.com for more info on the Gullatts.

        • herbert gullatt
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 4, 2003
            Charlotte:

            Sorry, that data on Milanda/Malinda Ake and family is from the 1920 census. Louisa's 1st husband Andrew died between 1909-1911 second by 1820. Still looking for Milanda on the 1930 census.

          • charlotte landers
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 4, 2003
              thank you so much this is my family i am sure. my grandmother was lula anderson sharp she married virgil sharp. william and emma's son lula's dad died before she was born in june of 1909 it has been told to me that he was hit by a train.
              his name was andrew anderson his parents i am told were bill and martha that's all i know about them. there was a family secret that was never told so malinda's maiden name may have been chavers i will try to check that out by the 1930 census malinda may have already married the steeley man. she was born in 1861.
              thank you charlotte
              herbert gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
              Charlotte:

              Sorry, that data on Milanda/Malinda Ake and family is from the 1920 census. Louisa's 1st husband Andrew died between 1909-1911 second by 1820. Still looking for Milanda on the 1930 census.

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            • Kim Jackson
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 4, 2003
                Charlotte
                Malinda Shavers Ake Steeley And Nathaniel Price Ake are my ggg-grandparents. I have lots of info and photos on this family.

                Kim Ake
                i am looking for info on my gr.-gr.-grandmother Milinda i dont have
                a maiden name on her. born 12-3-1864. married an Ake i believe his
                first name was Price. Second husband was a Steeley first name
                unknown.
                Also looking for info on Mary Emma Gullatte born 1884 married J.W.
                (will) Sharp b.1878 married 11-12-1898 by M.Hill minister in
                Hollywood Al.
                still new at this thank you for any help. please email me
                thanks charlotte

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Kim Jackson
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 4, 2003
                  Charlotte,
                  You can contact me at kim_mikejackson@.... I can fill you in on the secret.

                  Kim

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 4, 2003
                    This is just TOO strange. I have a Malinda Johnston, who was my great grandmother. She was the daughter of W.T. Johnston and Martha Ellen Shrader. She married first William Washington Kirksey, and then I was told possibly a Winchester. I have found a Malinda who was married to a John Winchester in 1900 in Fackler Township, Jackson County. My Malinda is born 12-8-1964. See what I mean. The date is SO close. I wonder if we are talking about the same person. If so, good luck honey. I have looked for her for 5 years now and have not found where she is buried. The archives has no death certificate for her. Paid good money to find that out. She is the mother of my Granny, Lillie Mae Kirksey Dover. I have only that mine died March of 1913 and in Wannville is what the note said. Granny grew up without her mother was what I was told. There was an ugly divorce. The census record though shows two children in the house who match closely to the birth date of my Granny and her brother James Washington Kirksey. I looked back at some of the messages on this subject. I see two birth dates for yours. I see 1861 and 1864. Can I ask which one is the correct one please? It would be mind blowing if this is the same person. I am in the process of searching for mine in the 1910 census not. It is a LONG tedious task. That year is not indexed on Ancestry at all, and that is what I have. It is a page by page search.

                    Sharon Dover Romanek
                    Fax:( 305)675-8045.
                    e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...
                    sromanek@...

                    Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover,Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, DeMers, Murphy, Allen

                    It's 2003 ... Do you know where your G-G-Grandparents are?
                    i am looking for info on my gr.-gr.-grandmother Milinda i dont have
                    a maiden name on her. born 12-3-1864. married an Ake i believe his
                    first name was Price. Second husband was a Steeley first name
                    unknown.
                    Also looking for info on Mary Emma Gullatte born 1884 married J.W.
                    (will) Sharp b.1878 married 11-12-1898 by M.Hill minister in
                    Hollywood Al.
                    still new at this thank you for any help. please email me
                    thanks charlotte

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    --- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Internet Of Salisbury, Inc.]

                  • charlotte landers