lindsay of the Scottsboro area

  • okie_chick_1
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 29, 2003
      I am looking for information on any Lindsay's living in or around the
      Scottsboro area. My ggrandfather was William Ransom Lindsay and my
      grandmother was Lady Willie Lindsay of New Market. She was married
      to Charlie Duggar, both lived in Scottsboro and are buried in Blue
      Springs cemetary.

      Sharon James
    • LorraineCooper
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 29, 2003
        Hello Sharon, I am sorry I am unable to help you. My family lived in that area in 1887, but moved to eastern Oklahoma in 1895 to Sallisaw OK. I am trying to find out my Great Grandmothers name .She was Cheroke Good Luck in your search. LorraineMathisCooper
        I am looking for information on any Lindsay's living in or around the
        Scottsboro area. My ggrandfather was William Ransom Lindsay and my
        grandmother was Lady Willie Lindsay of New Market. She was married
        to Charlie Duggar, both lived in Scottsboro and are buried in Blue
        Springs cemetary.

        Sharon James

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Regina Pipes
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 29, 2003
          Sharon,
          I went to school in Scottsboro with a LINDSAY. I also have a book (MULLEIN)
          that was written by some of the students as a class project. It has a
          drawing of the old LINDSAY house and a write up by Inez LINDSAY PROCTOR. It
          doesn't really mention names just talks about Inez growing up. Was your
          William Ransom LINDSAY from Scottsboro or New Market? Was this Charlie
          DUGGAR from Scottsboro? I looked for Charlie DUGGAR in the Ancestry.com
          census and only found two in Alabama and neither were in Jackson County.
          That doesn't mean anything since it would only bring up the ones indexed and
          very few are indexed on Ancestry. What time period are we looking at?

          I am looking for information on any Lindsay's living in or around the
          Scottsboro area. My ggrandfather was William Ransom Lindsay and my
          grandmother was Lady Willie Lindsay of New Market. She was married
          to Charlie Duggar, both lived in Scottsboro and are buried in Blue
          Springs cemetary.

          Sharon James

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=237312.3054858.4381981.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050408
          37:HM/A=1485420/R=0/*http://www.classmates.com/index.tf?s=16597>

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=237312.3054858.4381981.1728375/D=egroupmai
          l/S=:HM/A=1485420/rand=295949200>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • herbert gullatt
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 29, 2003
            1. William Ransome Lindsay b. 10-21-1811 d. 9-19-85 married 7-14-1835 Elizabeth Ann Woolsey b. 6-22-1820 d. 1-9-1883...... Data from Headstones Post on ALGENWEB Jackson Co.

            2. 1840 Census Jackson Co. AL

            William R. Lindsay with 1 male age 30-40 1 female age 15-20 Living next to him or nearby familys of James, John, George and Elishu Lindsay

            3. 1850 Census Jackson Co. Al.

            William R. Lindsay age 38 occup farmer VAL $1,000 born NC; Elizabeth 29 b. TN; Johnson 10 b. AL; Martha 08 b. AL; William T. 04 b. AL; James 01 b. AL

            4. Jackson County AL Land Records

            William R. Lindsay 80.22 AC date 01 May 1845, Remarks Assignee of Thomas Woolsey, Cash sales Doce 7098 Township 6S 5E Sect 31

            Thomas Woolsey probably Elizabeth Ann's father.

            5. Civil War Service: William R. Lindsay 1st ALA CAV Allegience Union.

            6. I have not found them on the 1860 or later census as of yet..

            Clay Gullatt

          • herbert gullatt
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 29, 2003
              1. Ceder Hill Cemetery Jackson Co. AL

              Charlie B. Duggar b. 7-8-1879 d. 5-18-1949

              Willie L Duggar b. 4-4-1881 d. 3-23-1966.

              2. The Lindsays are buried in Blue Springs Cemetery.

              No luck finding any of them on any later census.

              Clay Gullatt

            • herbert gullatt
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 29, 2003
                I would say from the looks of it you are missing a generation, if Willie L. Duggar is your grandmother, the ages of William R. and Elizabeth Lindsay makes them your great-greatgrandparents.

              • onie ruhe
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 30, 2003
                  hello,
                  a while back you sent me some info. on miles selby. I wanted to thank you for info. I was wondering where you got the info. I am new at this. any info. I get I am thankful for.
                  onie

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 30, 2003
                    I went to Scottsboro High School with some SELBYS. I may have looked them
                    up in the Heritage Of Jackson County or I may have looked him up on the
                    census. I am not related to the SELBY family but when I have time I like to
                    help others since I have been helped so much.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 30, 2003
                        Regina,
                        If you don't think it is too personal, when were you at SHS?
                        Earl Reed, Class of '61
                        > I went to Scottsboro High School with some SELBYS. I may have looked them
                        > up in the Heritage Of Jackson County or I may have looked him up on the
                        > census. I am not related to the SELBY family but when I have time I like
                        > help others since I have been helped so much.
                        > Regina

                        AntiVirus]

                        ---
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 30, 2003
                          Class of 67. I had a sister (Mazie GRIDER) that would have graduated in
                          1959 but she died in Nov. 1958. I have a sister Gayle GRIDER that graduated
                          in 63. I knew several of the people you graduated with.

                          If you don't think it is too personal, when were you at SHS?
                          Earl Reed, Class of '61

                        • HWJ
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 31, 2003
                            Mazie was in my class . Remember her well . She was a shy sweet girl.
                            Class of 59 .Hugh Judge

                            If you don't think it is too personal, when were you at SHS?
                            Earl Reed, Class of '61

                            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/