SAMUEL MCDANIEL TAYLOR AND WIFE MARY BRINSON

  • cartersa2000
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 7 6:19 PM
      It was brought to my attention that my Taylor family lived right at
      the boarder of Jackson CO., AL, and Tennesee. I am looking for
      information on Samuel McDaniel Taylor born 1770 Cherokee Nation
      Indian
      Territory . His wife was Mary Brinson born 1774 SC. They had 8
      children in Ky, AL., TN.They were my 3rd great-grandparents. My 2nd
      great -grand father Zebedee Taylor born 1805 KY. married Mary Jane
      Grooms born 1806 NC. They were married in Franklin CO.,TN . and
      raised
      8 children befor moving to Missouri in 1850. Samuel died befor 1850
      somewhere between Tennesee and Jackson CO., AL. If any one can help
      please email me at cartersa@... Thank You Shirley (Taylor)
      Carter from Riverside California
      P.S. I have Samurl and Mary's children's names and most of there place
      and time of birth.
    • Jim Boyd
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 8 4:37 AM
        Shirley, did your Taylors ever live in Paint Rock Valley? That is in Jackson
        Co and boarders Tn. Jim Boyd

      • christy57t@aol.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 8 8:01 AM
          Jim, Hi - Thank you for responding to Shirley Carters inquiry. I am yet
          another Taylor descendant in search of much of the same info Shirley has
          shared with you, but from a different branch of the Taylor family.

          What Shirley didn't say is that our Taylors lived in the Crow Creek Valley.
          That is the stretch of land along the AL/TN border that Shirley is
          describing. Would Paint Rock Valley have been nearby?

          Again, Thanks for responding...

          Root Bound!!!

          Christy Taylor Townsend
          Missouri Ozarks

        • Jim Boyd
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 8 10:07 AM
            Paint Rock Valley is off hightway 72 just a few miles west of Paint
            ock( which is in Jackson Co- Putman Mountain is at the of the road going as
            a person goes up the Valley and the Al -Tn line is there.There is also a
            town of Trenton Princton , Garth --My Grandmother was born to a Daniel
            Taylor at that time they lived in the valley, later moved to Madison Co Al
            Jim Boyd
            > Jim, Hi - Thank you for responding to Shirley Carters inquiry. I am yet
            > another Taylor descendant in search of much of the same info Shirley has
            > shared with you, but from a different branch of the Taylor family.
            >
            > What Shirley didn't say is that our Taylors lived in the Crow Creek
            Valley.
            > That is the stretch of land along the AL/TN border that Shirley is
            > describing. Would Paint Rock Valley have been nearby?
            >
            > Again, Thanks for responding...
            >
            > Root Bound!!!
            >
            > Christy Taylor Townsend
            > Missouri Ozarks

          • Shirley Carter
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 8 4:19 PM
              Most likly they did at some time , Samuel was said to be a Indian Agent in
              Cherokee Nation Indian Territory in 1825/26 . My information says Tennesee , but
              a cousin says they lived in Jackson CO., AL . He said he visted the area called
              Crow Creek and there was a John ""Holly Flat"" Taylor that lived there at one
              time supposeablly Samuel brother, not confermed yet. It seems that Samuel and
              Mary's children were born Kentucky , Jackson CO., AL.. , Tennesee. He goes to
              explain that it was closer for them to register there birth's in Jackson CO.,
              AL. then to go all the way to Tennesee to register there birth's. So I am a
              little confused as to where they actually lived Alabama or Tennesee. This is
              about all I can tell you about my Taylor's from that area. Shirley

              Jim Boyd wrote:

              > Shirley, did your Taylors ever live in Paint Rock Valley? That is in Jackson
              > Co and boarders Tn. Jim Boyd

            • Shirley Carter
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 8 4:22 PM
                Thank You Christy for my needed correction maybe we will get some information.
                Keep in touch, have you heard from Rich lately? Shirley

                christy57t@... wrote:

                > Jim, Hi - Thank you for responding to Shirley Carters inquiry. I am yet
                > another Taylor descendant in search of much of the same info Shirley has
                > shared with you, but from a different branch of the Taylor family.
                >
                > What Shirley didn't say is that our Taylors lived in the Crow Creek Valley.
                > That is the stretch of land along the AL/TN border that Shirley is
                > describing. Would Paint Rock Valley have been nearby?
                >
                > Again, Thanks for responding...
                >
                > Root Bound!!!
                >
                > Christy Taylor Townsend
                > Missouri Ozarks

              • Shirley Carter
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 8 4:32 PM
                  Hi Jim I just read your reply to where Paint Rock Valley is to AL/TN.line. Maybe
                  we are related , Do you have a Samuel McDaniel Taylor in your family line
                  anywhere?
                  Shirley

                  Jim Boyd wrote:

                  > Paint Rock Valley is off hightway 72 just a few miles west of Paint
                  > ock( which is in Jackson Co- Putman Mountain is at the of the road going as
                  > a person goes up the Valley and the Al -Tn line is there.There is also a
                  > town of Trenton Princton , Garth --My Grandmother was born to a Daniel
                  > Taylor at that time they lived in the valley, later moved to Madison Co Al
                  > Jim Boyd

                • Sam McDowell
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 9 7:38 AM
                    Shirley,
                    Do you have a William R. Carter in Carter line?
                    William was born about 1852 in Jackson Co. Al. He
                    married Martha Elmira Oliver (b. 1852 in Paint Rock,
                    Jackson Co. al) Jan. 17, 1875 in Jackson co. al.
                    Martha Elmira Oliver is a twin sister to my
                    ggrandmother Mary Samira Oliver.

                    --- Shirley Carter <cartersa@...> wrote:
                    > Thank You Christy for my needed correction maybe we
                    > will get some information.
                    > Keep in touch, have you heard from Rich lately?
                    > Shirley
                    >
                    > christy57t@... wrote:
                    >
                    > > Jim, Hi - Thank you for responding to Shirley
                    > Carters inquiry. I am yet
                    > > another Taylor descendant in search of much of the
                    > same info Shirley has
                    > > shared with you, but from a different branch of
                    > the Taylor family.
                    > >
                    > > What Shirley didn't say is that our Taylors lived
                    > in the Crow Creek Valley.
                    > > That is the stretch of land along the AL/TN border
                    > that Shirley is
                    > > describing. Would Paint Rock Valley have been
                    > nearby?
                    > >
                    > > Again, Thanks for responding...
                    > >
                    > > Root Bound!!!
                    > >
                    > > Christy Taylor Townsend
                    > > Missouri Ozarks

                    > removed]
                    > >

                    > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                    > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                  • Shirley Carter
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 9 4:03 PM
                      Sam I have to be hinest with you , I don't know much about the Carter's , my
                      relation to them is through marriage and far as I know they are from Utah,
                      but they did start out I think in new york. i will ivite you to my Carter
                      site on Myfamily.com and you can look over what my husband has entered. My
                      son says the Carter's do have family in Tennesee. But I am not familar with
                      them. my husband and I don't live together anymore and haven't since 1992. he
                      is in San Franciso somewhere but not sure where Enjoy the site while you are
                      there . Shirley.

                      Sam McDowell wrote:

                      > Shirley,
                      > Do you have a William R. Carter in Carter line?
                      > William was born about 1852 in Jackson Co. Al. He
                      > married Martha Elmira Oliver (b. 1852 in Paint Rock,
                      > Jackson Co. al) Jan. 17, 1875 in Jackson co. al.
                      > Martha Elmira Oliver is a twin sister to my
                      > ggrandmother Mary Samira Oliver.
                      >
                      > --- Shirley Carter <cartersa@...> wrote:
                      > > Thank You Christy for my needed correction maybe we
                      > > will get some information.
                      > > Keep in touch, have you heard from Rich lately?
                      > > Shirley
                      > >
                      > > christy57t@... wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > Jim, Hi - Thank you for responding to Shirley
                      > > Carters inquiry. I am yet
                      > > > another Taylor descendant in search of much of the
                      > > same info Shirley has
                      > > > shared with you, but from a different branch of
                      > > the Taylor family.
                      > > >
                      > > > What Shirley didn't say is that our Taylors lived
                      > > in the Crow Creek Valley.
                      > > > That is the stretch of land along the AL/TN border
                      > > that Shirley is
                      > > > describing. Would Paint Rock Valley have been
                      > > nearby?
                      > > >
                      > > > Again, Thanks for responding...
                      > > >
                      > > > Root Bound!!!
                      > > >
                      > > > Christy Taylor Townsend
                      > > > Missouri Ozarks

                      > > removed]
                      > > >

                      > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Jean Brandau
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 10 10:29 AM
                        Dear List Mates:

                        I now have over 100 personal WebPages to my Alabama genealogy site:

                        http://huntsville.about.com/cs/genealogy1/index.htm

                        You're invited to come to our Monday night chats for one hour starting at 9

                        pm Eastern; 8 pm Central

                        http://huntsville.about.com/mpchat.htm

                        If you need instructions or would like a weekly reminder, just send me an

                        email.

                        Jean Brandau
                        huntsville2@...
                      • Geri
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 10 4:36 PM
                          I have William R. Carter b. 1852 in Jackson Co., Ala.

                          Geri
                          Beaver

                          Do you have a William R. Carter in Carter line?
                          William was born about 1852 in Jackson Co. Al. He
                          married Martha Elmira Oliver (b. 1852 in Paint Rock,
                          Jackson Co. al) Jan. 17, 1875 in Jackson co. al.
                          Martha Elmira Oliver is a twin sister to my
                          ggrandmother Mary Samira Oliver.

                          --- Shirley Carter <cartersa@...> wrote:
                          > Thank You Christy for my needed correction maybe we
                          > will get some information.
                          > Keep in touch, have you heard from Rich lately?
                          > Shirley
                          >
                          > christy57t@... wrote:
                          >
                          > > Jim, Hi - Thank you for responding to Shirley
                          > Carters inquiry. I am yet
                          > > another Taylor descendant in search of much of the
                          > same info Shirley has
                          > > shared with you, but from a different branch of
                          > the Taylor family.
                          > >
                          > > What Shirley didn't say is that our Taylors lived
                          > in the Crow Creek Valley.
                          > > That is the stretch of land along the AL/TN border
                          > that Shirley is
                          > > describing. Would Paint Rock Valley have been
                          > nearby?
                          > >
                          > > Again, Thanks for responding...
                          > >
                          > > Root Bound!!!
                          > >
                          > > Christy Taylor Townsend
                          > > Missouri Ozarks

                          > removed]
                          > >

                          > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          http://taxes.yahoo.com/

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        • Shirley Carter
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 10 6:12 PM
                            Sorry no person in my Carter family by that name.

                            Message 13 of 14 , Mar 10 7:01 PM
                              Geri,
                              This is what I have on William R. Carter. Any
                              possibility they are the same?

                              1880 census Jackson co al, dist 169, township3, range
                              4

                              William R. Carter,, 28, born Al
                              Martha, wife 29, born Al
                              Mary Ann, dau 7, born Al
                              William R. son, 5, born Al
                              Francis A. dau 3, born Al
                              Talitha E, dau 1, born Al

                              This family was living beside Martha's mother, Talitha
                              Oliver, and Samirey Oliver, Martha's sister.

                              William R. Carter and Matha Elmira Oliver were married
                              January 17, 1875, Jackson Co, al, page 422
                              On the certificate it has William's name as William L.
                              but on all the census records his name is recorded as
                              William R. Carter. Martha's name on the certificate
                              is Martha L., Her name is Martha Elmira Oliver Carter

                              http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                            • Geri
                              Message 14 of 14 , Mar 12 7:50 PM
                                Well this is very strange I have William R. Carter b. 1852 in Jackson Co.,
                                Ala. m. Sarah T. A. children, Thomas C., George W. and L.J. on the 1880
                                census for Jackson Co. if one of the census was from a different year I
                                would say that yes he is the same one and had remarried but since they are
                                the same year I guess that they aren't but it sure is strange that they have
                                the same name and are born in the same year.

                                --- Geri <beaver450@...> wrote:
                                > I have William R. Carter b. 1852 in Jackson Co.,
                                > Ala.
                                >

                                > Geri
                                > Beaver

                                http://taxes.yahoo.com/