Jewel

  • Kelly
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 4, 1999
      1870-1880 happen to have a Fritts family in one of your later census books?
      1870-1880 ? I am looking for a Woolum woman who married a Fritts.
      Thanks,Kelly
      Kellygirl3398@...
      List Owner
    • jewel casey
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 4, 1999
        No Fritts on 1870 or 1880 Jackson County, AL

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 4, 1999
          Thanks for looking :)
          Kellygirl3398@...
          List Owner
          > No Fritts on 1870 or 1880 Jackson County, AL

        • deeno
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 31, 2000
            >Looked in 1870 census book by Jessie Brandon Griffith and didn't find any
            >Beavers listed.

            >Hope this helps you
            >Jewel

            Jewel,

            Is there such a book for sale? I would be interested in it, if so.

            I am looking for the Elijah Graves family. They were in Jackson Co 1834-at
            least 1870. He is not on the 1870 census, but his wife is and she is listed
            as a widow.

            I would really love to have the bk. I have subscribed to the Jackson County
            Chronicles and am anxiously awaiting the January issue. So, the cem bk will
            be a plus!

            Thanks,

            Rayedene Graves

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
              I read with much interest your note about the 1870 Census book by Jessie
              Brandon Griffith. Is that book for sale and how would I purchase one?
              Would you be so kind to see if Alfred Willis is listed and if Taylor Cameron
              is listed.
              Thank you so much. Mary Drew
            • J Casey
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
                To everyone:
                I bought the 1870 Jackson County, AL census from:
                Jessie J. Brandon Griffith
                1002 Lakeview Drive
                Rossville, GA 30741

                when it first came out in 1989. Not sure the book is still available but
                someone else might know about it.

                As far as "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" by Kittye Henshaw, Evelyn Rochelle
                and Addie Shaver, it is my understaning that it is no longer available. Ms.
                Kitty passed away recently and Evelyn Rochelle and Addie Shaver both live in
                Huntsville and can be contacted through "Valley Leaves" Tennessee Valley
                Genealogical Society, Inc. in Huntsville. Their web site is
                http://hiwaay.net/~white/TVGS/tvgs.html

                Thanks
                Jewel

                > >Looked in 1870 census book by Jessie Brandon Griffith and didn't find any
                > >Beavers listed.
                >
                > >Hope this helps you
                > >Jewel
                >
                > Jewel,
                >
                > Is there such a book for sale? I would be interested in it, if so.
                >
                > I am looking for the Elijah Graves family. They were in Jackson Co
                1834-at
                > least 1870. He is not on the 1870 census, but his wife is and she is
                listed
                > as a widow.
                >
                > I would really love to have the bk. I have subscribed to the Jackson
                County
                > Chronicles and am anxiously awaiting the January issue. So, the cem bk
                will
                > be a plus!
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Rayedene Graves

              • J Casey
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
                  June 2, 1870 Jackson County, AL
                  Subdivision 2, Big Coon
                  #195-199
                  A.J. Willis 20 (male) Ala. school teacher

                  No Taylor Cameron listed.

                  Thanks

                • MaryTom482@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
                    Thank you so much for looking this up for me. Am most interested in the
                    Willis genealogy. Have hit so many blocks!!!!! Mary Willis Drew
                  • J Casey
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
                      Mary, there was also
                      in the same area as A.J. Willis

                      #60-60
                      Larkin Willis 42 AL
                      Cynthia 38 TN
                      John 20 TN
                      Cynthia 18 AL
                      Wm. 16 TN
                      Wilson 12 AL
                      Mary 10 AL
                      Musadore 8 AL female
                      James 6 AL
                      Thos. 4 AL
                      Edgar 5/12 AL (Dec)
                      Walter 5/12 AL (Dec)

                      #248-252
                      Elizabeth Willis 33 AL
                      Serena 14 AL
                      Sarah J. 12 AL
                      Nancy 6 AL

                      #253-257
                      Wm. L. Ferguson 62 NC
                      Martha 50 TN
                      Sarah E. 24 TN
                      Amos Wilson 18 TN Female (Wilson may have been her middle
                      name-yes listed as female
                      Amanda M. 15 TN
                      John M. 10 TN
                      Wm. L. Willis 34 Miss-teacher

                      #768-773
                      Elizabeth Willis 62 TN
                      Wilson 29 AL
                      Alfred 17 AL
                      Susan 12 AL
                      Michael 10 TN
                      Darcus C. 50 VA

                      Then Scottsboro, 300 June 1, 1870
                      #312-311
                      James Willis 44 AL laborer
                      Margaret 46 AL
                      Susannah 22 AL
                      Calvin 20 AL
                      John H. 17 AL
                      Nancy A. 10 AL

                      Scottsboro T3-R4#50-50
                      James Willis 45 AL
                      Margaret 41 AL
                      Calvin 20 AL
                      John H. 17 AL
                      Mary 15 AL
                      Nancy E. 12 AL
                      James M. 9 AL
                      Wm. 6 AL
                      Ann M. 3 AL
                      Susannah Allan 23 AL
                      Samuel C. 4 AL
                      It appears he is an Allan

                      June 21, 1870 Woodville Subdivision #4
                      There was Calvin Willis 20 AL
                      Works on R.R. living with a Charles Davis or Dover

                      Township 4 Range 5 East (probably of Scottsboro or Woodville)

                      #7-7
                      Sarah Willis 36 AL
                      Olivia E. 22 AL
                      Arkansas 19 AL

                      Sure hope this helps you with your Willis research
                      Jewel D. Casey

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 2, 2001
                        I have a few minutes so thought I'd send these to you anyway.

                        June 16, 1870 Bridgeport, Jackson County, AL
                        #95-96
                        David Cameron 22 AL
                        Martha 23 TN
                        Nora L. 9/12 al (Sept.)

                        June 1, 1870 Stevenson District, Jackson County, AL
                        #20-22
                        Daniel Cameron 38 AL
                        Jane 32 TN
                        Mary 14 AL
                        Ann 11 AL
                        Taylor 9 AL ****
                        James 6 AL
                        Nancy 3 AL

                        Could that be the Taylor Cameron you're talking about?? I thought he would
                        have been an adult. As a caution, you should give an approximate birth or
                        death date when asking about someone. OK? No harm done, except to you maybe
                        because I didn't see him as a child. Good luck.

                        #22-24
                        Elizabeth Cameron 72 TN
                        Martha 38 AL
                        Mary J. 27 AL
                        Jane McCrary 13 AL

                        #23-25
                        Lozan Cameron 38 TN
                        Mary 20 AL
                        Jane 4/12 AL (Feb.)

                        June 30, 1870, Long Island District, Jackson County, AL

                        #113-114
                        Hugh Cameron 53 KY
                        Nancy 46 SC
                        Elizabeth 24 AL
                        Wm. 22 AL
                        Daniel 21 AL
                        John C. 20 AL
                        Matilda 16 AL
                        Nancy 14 AL
                        Mary 11 AL
                        Millie 9 AL
                        Louisa 7 AL

                        JULY 1, 1870 , 300 Subdivision, Jackson County, AL(doesn't explain enough as
                        to where located)
                        #110-109
                        CAMRON
                        Samuel Camron 35 TN
                        Eliza 26 GA
                        Wm. 4 GA
                        Amanda 1 GA
                        Mary 26 GA

                        #379-376
                        Mindy Camron 31 AL male
                        Lucy 30 AL
                        Henry G. 5 AL

                        August 19, 1870 Township 6, Range 5 East, Jackson County, AL (doesn't
                        explain enough as to where located)

                        #37-37
                        James T. CAMERON 33 AL
                        Nancy 25 AL
                        Sarah E. 2 AL
                        Abraham J. 5/12 AL (no date)

                        Township 5 Range 5 East, Jackson County, Al (no date, assuming same as
                        above)
                        #44-43
                        Charles Cameron 23 GA
                        Sarah A. 25 AL
                        Ellen 6 AL
                        Anna 8/12 AL (Oct)

                        I think this covers all the CAMERON and CAMRON 1870 Jackson County, AL
                        Hope all this helps you somehow.
                        Jewel
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 29, 2002
                          Jewel,

                          You have just taught a very good lesson on searching census page by page
                          instead of using the indexes.

                          I find Mas Colbert in HH 314 but he is not listed on any index search on
                          ancestry, even using the soundex seach method.

                          The name is spelled on the census as Cobbert, so with soundex search, it was
                          not picked up.

                          Thanks for the reminder that it is not as simple as it sometimes seems.

                          Rayedene Graves

                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 30, 2002
                            Well, thank you!! Sometimes the surname looks like something else, in this
                            case it looked like COBBERT.

                          • Kevin Hall
                            Message 13 of 14 , Mar 30, 2002
                              Thank you for all your help, It is really
                              appreciated.
                              The Mas Colbert may be a nick name. We are looking
                              into the possiblity that William Colbert had several
                              children listed on the 1818 census but most all had
                              indian names. One of them may be the father of Mas.
                              Gina

                              === message truncated ===

                              http://greetings.yahoo.com/
                            • Jewel Casey
                              Message 14 of 14 , Mar 31, 2002
                                I'm dumb, what 1818 census are you speaking of? And where was William
                                located?