Re: Cumberland tunnel

  • Richard Matthews
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 1999
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Cumberland tunnel

      Make a correction in my last post. The tunnel was started in 1849 and
      finished in1854.
    • Raymond A. Shirley, Sr.
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 1999
        Richard Matthews wrote:

        > From: "Richard Matthews" <prm@...>
        >
        > Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Cumberland tunnel
        >
        > Make a correction in my last post. The tunnel was started in 1849 and
        > finished in1854.

        > Tired of empty chat rooms and out of date bulletin boards?
        > http://www.ONElist.com
        > ONElist: Making the Internet Intimate

        Elizabeth Shirley states in her application for reimbursement to the
        Southern Claims Commission that her husband, Houston Shirley, worked to
        help maintain that section of railroad between state line and Stevenson
        for the Federals during the War Between the States. I have copies of
        the Southern Claims Commission applications of Jordan Peacock, Elizabeth
        Shirley, and James M. Cloud taken from National Archives records. I
        would be glad to post abstracts of those claims, except I still haven't
        found a way to get access to the posting web page. I'll keep trying.
        Ray Shirley
      • Richard Matthews
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 1999
          At 12:57 PM 5/3/99 -0400, you wrote:
          >From: "Raymond A. Shirley, Sr." <rshirley@...>
          >

          >Elizabeth Shirley states in her application for reimbursement to the
          >Southern Claims Commission that her husband, Houston Shirley, worked to
          >help maintain that section of railroad between state line and Stevenson
          >for the Federals during the War Between the States. I have copies of
          >the Southern Claims Commission applications of Jordan Peacock, Elizabeth
          >Shirley, and James M. Cloud taken from National Archives records. I
          >would be glad to post abstracts of those claims, except I still haven't
          >found a way to get access to the posting web page. I'll keep trying.
          >Ray Shirley

          Ray, if can't work it out so you can upload directly, I will be glad to
          upload documents for you. Just email them to me directly.

          Richard