Re: [jacksongenealogy] migrations

  • Ralph Jackson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2003
      As you say, there many ferries across the Mississippi, a prominent one being
      at Helena, Phillips Co., Arkansas. However, a popular route for large
      groups traveling to Texas seems to have been to go to Memphis, Tennessee,
      where there were ferries and a railroad bridge. I am not sure whether they
      had a bridge for road travel at that time or not. My Great-Grandfathers
      came this route.

      Ralph Jackson